Emergency lights staying on

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sioncs

Reaction score
Good evening all. I hope someone can shed some light on this issue. Today I replaced 3 mechanical time lag switches with Danlers WACE PIR 3 wire occupancy switch to control 4 maintained emergency lights in a stairwell. 

All wiring is good and and sensors work well to activate lights but after the switches have timed out the first 3 lights come on in emergency mode.  After a few seconds the first light  switches off but next 2 remain on in emergency mode and the last light is not affected. 

Supply is PME and the circuit is protected by an RCBO. 

I’m thinking there must be some residual voltage confusing the emergency pack. Any thoughts would be appreciated, I’ve read many threads on this forum when in a pickle and learnt a lot. 

Thanks in advance 

Are all three switches wired in parallel, and all four lights also in parallel, or is it done floor by floor?

I can't help wondering if you have correctly sourced the neutrals which these switches need but the mechanical ones didn't.  Sorry in advance if I'm insulting your knowledge / experience.

What alterations to the wiring did make , if any ?       

Also  switches / detectors   using modern electronics  sometimes leak voltage which can affect a  low power load  when they are supposed to be OFF .  I presume to do with solid state switching  instead of the 3mm gap of a real switch .     

If the EM are staying on when supply is removed are the perm and switched lives in the correct way?

Latest posts