Anyone recommend a SELV fan (SIlent version)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking to replace two low volt fans ,  transformers in the loft above .   Customer wants "Silent"  versions .  

I can see Soler & Palau  100mm  Silent  at  £  99.00     ea

Can also see a Vent Axia   at  £326.00  ea 

Anything else around ? 

The trouble is "silent" usually goes with "slow and pathetic air flow" especially if the duct is long.

Since there is a loft above, change it for an in line fan and take care with the mounting of the fan to not conduct noise to the ceiling. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The trouble is "silent" usually goes with "slow and pathetic air flow" especially if the duct is long.

Since there is a loft above, change it for an in line fan and take care with the mounting of the fan to not conduct noise to the ceiling. 

I agree..... I either suspend them or lie them directly on a good wad of insulation, then the only thing that you tend to hear is the air going through the duct,,,, never screw them to a joist or truss as they make a racket

Gotcha !   I 'd say Vent Axia are taking the Part Pee  with theirs at  £ 326.00 ea   though .   I know they were always top quality ...but is that still the case these in these days of  everything made in China  I wonder ?  

In view of your comments I'll start checking the extract performances . 

Last edited by a moderator: