Ceiling pull cord light switch

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, out of choice what are people fitting.

Most I find feel cheep & cheerful, they don’t seem to have a positive clicking action and they feel like they would fail after a couple of years.

Looking for one to replace an OLD MK version which has lasted probably 20 years, with a LOT of use.

Never seem to fit many, but don’t want to change this around to a wall switch.

Are talking about 45A for shower or 5A for lights.

If shower then Crabtree for me if lights then I tend to fit Scolmore Click stuff now but to be fair I haven’t used their pull cords and it probably wouldn’t matter that much for 6A.

Light switch, hence the title! ;)

It gets used a lot and I hate doing stuff in my own place so I don’t want to be changing it in a year or two again.

I don’t think MK are what they used to be these days.

My default would be Click, but I’ve never used one of their pull cord light switches.

I wouldn’t go to one of the sheds anyway, it’d be one of the wholesalers I have accounts with.

I don’t like LAP, or BG really TBH.

I’ll see what Electric Center have in the morning, I have to go over and pick up some big switchgear they have ordered in from Eaton for me anyway.

Just wondering if anyone had any experiences to say they have had x brand fail regulary on them.

I’m not so worried about thee current carrying aspect, more the pull switch operation & reliability TBH.

Whoops Sidey must have sped read the title and never saw that, thing is I read the main body of text twice to make sure I hadn’t missed info 😀😀😀

Went for Click Polar range in the end.

It has a satisfying click to the switch operation...

Pun not intended! ;)

We'll see how long it lasts...