Thats more like it !!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Waiting 10 days for ebay .    D string broke  so no guitar ,  found I kept reaching for it like some druggie  .   Six strings again now so  just to annoy the missus  I'll  try  Peggy Sue Got Married "   then back to Woody Guthrie .    ;)

All to no avail Sharpie   ,  I have a bent tuning  capstan on the D  .  I think these modern strings  need a lot of tension ,  just looking on the pack , this string needs to go to 29 lbs  (13KG )   tension  or thats it's max  , no idea .    So two minutes ,  a loud Twang !  and  the little cog wheel is slipping .   

I 'aint that  good Sharpie  but I enjoy  trying  .    Clapton is not losing any sleep I hear  and Chuck Berry rests in peace .       Did you say you'd had one as a gift ?          :_|

Last edited by a moderator:
oh I have one it’s still in its box!! 
Ironically I’m paying for the granddaughter to have lessons at school, she did try to show me a few chords but ole chubby fingers here had to play upside down as I’m left handed!! 

but ole chubby fingers here had to play upside down as I’m left handed!! 

Never sort of inhibited Jimmy Hendrix....

So think positive Sharpend….   :^O

Maybe one day....   "The Jimmy Sharpend Experience" will be playing at a pub near you!!!!    :innocent

So Deke told me!!!!!!!!!!!

she did try to show me a few chords but ole chubby fingers here had to play upside down as I’m left handed!! 
I thought I'd replied to this , seems to have gone .   

I too have "Chubby Fingers "  so must admit , some chords are beyond me .  I'd like a folk guitar but the neck on them is narrow & Chubby Fingers overlap to other strings .   

Left handed  !! Left Handed !!!     Paul McCartney  is left handed , so he re-  strung his instruments the other way round .   He didn't do too bad . 

Start with a Snark Clamp on tuner  like this .  

IMG_20200117_011838.jpg

I thought I'd replied to this , seems to have gone .   

I too have "Chubby Fingers "  so must admit , some chords are beyond me .  I'd like a folk guitar but the neck on them is narrow & Chubby Fingers overlap to other strings .   

Left handed  !! Left Handed !!!     Paul McCartney  is left handed , so he re-  strung his instruments the other way round .   He didn't do too bad . 

Start with a Snark Clamp on tuner  like this .  

View attachment 10440
you mean I could be part of a famous duo this gets better. 

What  ?  You and Macca ?  He wouldn't join a group would he ?   

But The Revo  plays bass .....hey!  We could start a Skiffle group  , bet no one,s ever thought of that ,  any Forumites play the washboard on here.?  .    The Vipers  were one of the best I remember  & I learned of Woody Guthrie & Leadbelly  from Lonnie Donegan   back in the day .   

I could be playing Rock Island Line  now  but have to remove  three tuning capstans and order some replacements .    

I play a japanese 5 string bass with an extra low B string. Been playing for years and always play by ear never know what key I'm in. Great fun and a skiffle band would be a laugh. I am still in a band 'November Mango' but play trumpet these days. Used to be a regular player at a local jazz club with bass and trumpet (not at the same time).

I play a japanese 5 string bass with an extra low B string. Been playing for years and always play by ear never know what key I'm in. Great fun and a skiffle band would be a laugh. I am still in a band 'November Mango' but play trumpet these days. Used to be a regular player at a local jazz club with bass and trumpet (not at the same time).
Yep  Seen you on Youtube  surely ?  

I suffer from the "short fat finger" syndrome.

I have two guitars an electric and an accoustic.  The Electric has a narrower neck so the strings are closer and the fat fingers are the problem.  the accoustic has a wider neck so the fatness is less of an issue, but the short fingers is then the issue struggling to reach the top string.

I need an easier musical instrument?

Latest posts