Another 2391-52 question from online test

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ollo

Reaction score
So just did my 2391-52 online exam and passed. However there were a few questions that bothered me. I'm sure there is someone here with enough cleverness in them to help me out. 

I'll write the questions out as I remember them with the possible answers. I've put a * at the end of the answer I choose. 

1) 2 phase and neutral supply needs to be isolated. How many tests need to be performed?

- (cant remember)

-6*

2)Inspector wants to do an IR test on office socket ring. on testing at 500V results 0 MOhm, but when testing at 250V 200MOhm. What could be the reason?

-Computer is plugged in

-There is a neon

-There is a SPD*  [guess]

-There is an RCD

3)Inspector is testing lighting circuit in office. Wants to do IR test. He makes sure all the CPC are connected at the DB. Why does he do this?

-to reduce the resistance of CPC

-to identify an possible earth fault * [guess]

- cant remember the rest

-cant remember the rest

So please let me know what the answers are. Would be super intrigued by the reasoning behind it. 

I have to say that you're not wrong with your answers, but it would be better if you put your own reasoning up for discussion....... you wouldn't learn much if we spoon feed you

Last edited by a moderator: