JohnRich

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Rich

Reaction score
I have a outside light with sensor on the wall, I wish to install another one further along, can I run supply from the first one, is it daisy chain.?

Power to the first one comes from inside house, through a fused switch connection and a light switch.

The security light is 120w bulb and is IP weatherproofed 

Yes, as long as you observe  good practice for outdoor installation, e.g. use conduit, rather than just pvc cable exposed to sunlight, all waterproof junction boxes, etc.  Whilst you are at it change the existing fixture to an led one to save power and your bills.

Also, does the light switch you mention completely switch off the light, or override the sensor to bring the light on?  If it's the latter there will be three wires. Ensure you know what you are doing or seek further advice.

The light switch in one position will completely turn the off the light and in the other position turns sensor on.

This was fitted before I moved here, I have replaced the light since living here it was a 3 wire job which I did with no problem at the time Thanks Geoff

Latest posts