Electrical Design

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TraineeSparky

Reaction score
Hi, i was wondering if anyone in here could help with something. I am currently doing level 3 Electrical and have to come up with suitable luminaires for a hotel extension/pool area. IP x6 I believe

Yes you want something  waterproof and condensation proof, . Consider also the ambience for a leisure area and consider maintenance too. ie you don't want fixtures over the pool, but you do want to illuminate the area evenly.  I would expect manufacturers promote specific ranges for such common applications, so get googling.

Ok so might I suggest that you apply that that you’ve been taught? 
do you have a regs book? Have a read through section relating to installed environment, then ask yourself if a swimming pool would be a special location? 
take some notes of the electrical requirements then google. 
if you don’t do the research, we may not be here forever, you will not learn but merely digest information to which you know not why! 
by all means once you’ve attempted the research let us know what you’ve found and your thinking then we can constructively contribute to assist you.