Things that reading the Junk-Mail can promt you to do.....

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPECIAL LOCATION

Trailer Boy - Electrician.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amongst the usual pile of junk mail that came though our door toady was a sheet promoting local Check-A-Trade tradespersons....

So just out of curiosity it made me wonder how much each of these tradespersons are paying to be listed on these recommended trades sites...

I have browsed some in the past but most of these type of sites won't give any indication of costs until you decide to commit deep into the application process...

But on Check-A-Trades Q&A page you can get this morsel of information...

(screen cut & snip direct from their website earlier today)..

CHECK A TRADE FAQ.JPG 

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From  £69.99 + VAT per month.... £1007 pa

Up to  £119.99 + VAT per month...  £1727 pa   :eek:

That is some pretty expensive advertising in my book!!!   :shakehead

:C

I get a phone call from them most months trying to get me to sign up.  It is pointless saying take me off your marketing list as they don't and they call again next month.

I get a phone call from them most months trying to get me to sign up.  It is pointless saying take me off your marketing list as they don't and they call again next month.

one of their competition compaies kept phoning me. told them if they phoned again they would be invoiced for the call. they phoned again. sent them an invoice for £20. never got paid (didnt expect it to) but theyve not called again

Many years ago these clowns regularly called me "we can get you more enquiries and work" ............. to which my reply was "I've got too much work already" - took them a long time to stop calling.

I guess if you are starting out, then these may seem a good idea, but I sense that more customers have realised that the feedback isn't 100% true and try and find tradespeople from local recommendation