DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
revjames

2 din car stereo recommendations?

revjames

Ah no. phone will be in my pocket. Glove box just in case someone wants to plug a device in and play music through aux or USB input. I'm actually pretty old school and still use physical CDs etc, but hoping to be more organised and have playlists etc readily accessible through bluetooth.

NozSpark
2 hours ago, revjames said:

I figured as its got bluetooth etc and can play music from phone and handle calls wirelessly then it wont be a regular thing tophysically have to connect phone. It is easy to get into the bottom of the fixed part of the glovebox and leave a coil of aux and USB cable in case its needed. I ran the DAB aerial up the side of the dash and then up the A pillar next to the glass, nicely tucked in, cant be seen. The mic will go under the dash and then up the drivers side A pillar tucked into the door seal and emerging at a suitable height. Rear camera will probably fish through headlining and then be fed with loom into tailgate. 

Rev.... they recommend that you put the mic centrally to reduce the amount of road noise that it picks up

revjames
18 hours ago, NozSpark said:

Rev.... they recommend that you put the mic centrally to reduce the amount of road noise that it picks up

I fitted parrot in works van and works fine with it sticking out of door seal at head height. Plenty of cable if I need to move it later

revjames

One more thing.... I'm not that tech savvy. I have paired my phone (samsung s10e) to the pioneer unit. Phone calls, directory etc all there. I can play music BUT it only seems to be able to get one song at a time? ie If I pick an album on google play, it only seems to be able to access the first song. There must be a way to navigate through the music on the touch screen? Any ideas? do I need a different music app?

Sharpend

What options are there on screen? Repeat? Shuffle? 
media button which then shows a list such as genres, artists, albums etc? 

revjames

it displays the name of the song, album etc. fwd, rev pause, shuffle etc, but dont seem to do anything except re start the 1 song! Surely if its clever enough to know all the phone numbers on my phone and access them at will then it can find a few tunes when I want them.

Its a Pioneer AVH-A3100DAB

Edited by revjames

revjames

No it had very little paperwork. Installation guide and a quick start guide in about 10 languages. I did try the file list button but it just has an X in it. Somehow it isnt seeing the whole album/ play list etc.

I can always copy my favourite albums to a USB stick and leave it plugged in to the lead in glovebox otherwise

Edited by revjames