Electrical trace Test

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harry achilleos

Reaction score
Hi I’m wondering if anyone can help?

I own a pub/hotel in Chester and my Electrical bills are twice as expensive as any of my like for like competitors. I therefore contacted opus (my supplier) They don’t seem to think there’s a problem with my meter as it’s an half hourly reading and will only investigate once I have an electrical trace done. Which is basically a report on how much electric I’m using in comparison to the meter reading. I’m struggling to find anyone who can do this.

Is there anyone out there who can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,

Harry

Hi I’m wondering if anyone can help?

I own a pub/hotel in Chester and my Electrical bills are twice as expensive as any of my like for like competitors. I therefore contacted opus (my supplier) They don’t seem to think there’s a problem with my meter as it’s an half hourly reading and will only investigate once I have an electrical trace done. Which is basically a report on how much electric I’m using in comparison to the meter reading. I’m struggling to find anyone who can do this.

Is there anyone out there who can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,

Harry

While you are comparing your bills to your competitors are they on similar tariffs to you. A better indication would be comparing the actual Kw usage with your competitors it could be that they are more energy efficient than you

Wondering what the half hourly reading you refer to actually is, is this a smart meter reading or are you on a maximum demand tariff

While putting a temporary check meter in would give you an overall usage comparison it might be better with a power logger to give a detailed analysis of the power consumption over a 24 / 48 hour period and highlight where savings may be made