Tribute Bands ........

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So we went to see the ELO Experience at Dorking Halls last night - OK Dorking Halls is no O2 or Wembly Stadium but a smallish venue and the band were great ....... close your eyes and it could have been ELO .

If you like their stuff - I'd recommend them

Who have others seen and would recommend

Australian Pink floyd were very good.

there was also another one we saw in a small local venue called  in the flesh or something like that but I think they disbanded.

I know of someone who went to see the Red Hot Chilli Peppers. They wondered why they were playing in a smallish venue. When he got there it was the Red Hot Chilli Pipers with BAGPIPES!
It ve seen them on YowTube.....anctually ...they didn't seem half bad

we went to see Paul Young a couple of years ago at a  local venue......... I WISH it had been a tribute act as he was awful! It was like "name that tune" but with NO winners

I love a good tribute band. I've been taking the Wife and kids to see them for years now. Full price concerts and festivals for the originals tend to be out of our league price-wise for the whole family. Tribs are a good compromise.

They have managed to get my kids into whole genres of music they may never even have considered. In certain cases it's not possible to see the originals anymore due to artists no longer being with us. Perfect examples of really top-notch tribs include the Bootleg Beatles and The Doors Alive. Both bands crammed with top quality musicians.

Later this year we will be camping out again at "Glastonbudget" in Leicestershire. Bootleg Beatles are closing the weekend :)

https://www.glastonbudget.org/

Phil

Last edited:
check out "The Classic Rock Show" on you-tube.

Locked to prevent being resurrected (again)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.