DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
parmageddon

Light Sys 2 Poor installation & questions.

parmageddon

Hi, 

After reading a bunch of great reviews, I had a LightSys 2 burglar alarm system fitted over the weekend. I probably should've checked this sooner, though I went to the panel and wanted to open it up to check to see if the main unit 'tamper' alarm would go off (as it used to on my much older, inferior Secuplace alarm system) Not only did the tamper alarm not go off. I also noticed the WIFI bridge was completely hanging out of the panel. When I opened the unit the battery was just resting against the door and would've fallen out if I didnt catch it, and I have to say the install looked incredibly messy, not secure, and very easy to interfere with should I be a burglar entering the property.

Are there any experienced people in here, who're familiar with the system and can comment on the above? and the attached pictures. Am I being too picky here? or should I be raising this? I'm not sure at this stage to proceed with complaining to the installer. Though my gut says this isn't great.

1.jpg

4.jpg

https://ibb.co/84MPM7P

https://ibb.co/0F1cMwx

thanks for your help,

P

4.jpg

Edited by parmageddon

roys

I am no alarm expert, but that’s a mess

Sharpend

Why is it fitted on its side? Perhaps that’s why it looks a mess, it fell over!! 

parmageddon

No idea why it's been mounted horizontally. I've also confirmed with RISCO that the tamper alarm should've worked.

I have not paid the invoice yet, is it faux pas of me to insist they make this nicer ahead of me paying? Again, I do feel a little conscious that I should've noticed this on the day....and the system does work after all. Albeit's security is massively compromised. 

Sharpend

It doesn’t work as designed so an incomplete installation as far as I am concerned. 

parmageddon

Thank you,

It's good to get perspective before proceeding with this stuff I think. I appreciate it.

P

kerching

Not a make I have ever heard of

looks as rough as 💩 to me

doesnt look like it has been installed "in line with Manufacturers Instructions'......this could be a good line of defence