Anyone else try to get Genesis tickets today and fail?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I wasted 1 hour of my life today trying to buy tickets.

Not only did they sell out in seemingly minutes, the prices were multiples of what they were supposed to be.

These were supposed to be non transferable so how can they be resold legitimately?

Back to the mp3 files

Are there Third Parties re- selling or what ?       It always annoys me when some crafty , no mark , no talent profits from ticket  &  fake merchandise  sales.    

All they need to , and CAN , is print the name of the purchaser on each ticket. 

Boomtown allow 1 name change, but that’s it.

its that simple.

as it stands the scum unofficial resellers make all the money .... but how much do the the official sites gain in brown envelopes ?

Got mine!!!

Leeds Wed 2nd Dec

There were loads left.

OK, it's a trek, but the hotel is free on my points so there is that.

The weekend shows were crazy prices & AFAIK Bham sold out on the pre-sale, more shows announced today.

The Wednesday suits the wife's sitting the granddaughter too.

or my old albums 😀
Funnily enough been listening all night though on Amazon music because I'm working at the PC.

Been writing a report ripping some Japanese engineers a new one over 13849 validations! 🤣

I was lucky enough to be at the MK bowl for the 6 of the best gig.

Chester & Darryl, and...

Mike, Tony, Phil, Steve & Peter!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I just need to remember Wembley 1987 as a great concert ....

maybe genesis sis will have more dates at the O2 and put the ticket buyers name on the ticket .......

Boomtown allow 1 name change, but that’s it.

Are you off to see Sir Bob & his Rats Murdoch?

That takes me back to Oct 79, Jan 81 & May 82 when we saw them during the Fine Art Of Surfacing, Mondo Bongo & V-Deep, tours...

we must all be a right bunch of old pharts on the forumbulator!

I am probably getting too old and grumpy to pay excessive amounts for around hour & half to a couple of hours worth of entertainment...

In Oct 18 saw Geoff Lynne & his "ELO" in B/Ham... which was priced reasonably...

But this year..   prices are pretty much double what they were in 2018...

:coat

Stuff that...  I'd rather just stick on my old Vinyl or CD's

and buy a few more beers... 

Guinness

Then save the balance towards a holiday or something more fun!!

(especially when you need to buy multiple tickets so you are not going as "Billy-No-Mates"!)

:C

Ha ha boomtown is something near Winchester that youngsters go to!

we are off to the O2 in October to see Jeff lynnes elo .... can’t wait.

Also just got tickets to see dire straits tribute band money for nothing in Horsham in May ...

Ha ha boomtown is something near Winchester that youngsters go to!

:D   :slap :pmsl1:

Saw Madness in Dec 18 in B/ham...

They were good!

There are certain bands/artists with such a comprehensive back-catalogue that they can fill a whole concert with a continual playlist of classic songs that defined the era from when they were released.

even so.....

I still don't think I could justify paying silly money for a single evening out!

Maybe because also have 5 children...

Just had one wedding last month..

Another one is in the organising stages ready for December...

Plus grandchild due next month...

So...  I would have my bank cards seized, cut-up and internet access banned by the Boss..

if big money was spent of re-living concerts from my teenage music heros!!!

:|  

CD's & Beer will have to accommodate!

:wacko:

:D   :slap :pmsl1:

Saw Madness in Dec 18 in B/ham...

They were good!

There are certain bands/artists with such a comprehensive back-catalogue that they can fill a whole concert with a continual playlist of classic songs that defined the era from when they were released.

even so.....

I still don't think I could justify paying silly money for a single evening out!

Maybe because also have 5 children...

Just had one wedding last month..

Another one is in the organising stages ready for December...

Plus grandchild due next month...

So...  I would have my bank cards seized, cut-up and internet access banned by the Boss..

if big money was spent of re-living concerts from my teenage music heros!!!

:|  

CD's & Beer will have to accommodate!

:wacko:
I didn’t have Springsteen down as the jealous type :C  any way how come you have such a close relationship with him?? 

Went to,see Rod Stewart last summer.......he was playing about a mile from my gaff. Brian Adams year before....same venue ( we went on the bus and spent afternoon in 'Spoons first.....living the dream)  Paul Young year before BUt he was s. H. I. T. E. 

1/2 of Queen and Adam Lambert at M.E.N. and before that Bowie

,many years before that it was Jasper Carrot at the local cricket club!

days at Uni in 70s were best.....top act every week. Boomtown rats, shaking Stevens, slade, Blue Oyster Cult, blonde, Ian drury