Coronavirus latest

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its curious that Isopropal on ebay is either not in stock or for sky high prices. Don't need any, still got about half of the five litre bottle I bought years ago left. People stating its much stronger than hand sanitisers, when at the supplied 99% it is too strong to be effective against much.

It would be annoying if I needed some more, its terribly useful for cleaning mirrors, removing sticky residue from labels and even brought the megger back to life (selector switch covered in crud, disassembled and washed the PCB with IPA. Oh and removing ink stains.

And on a similar note, you may remember how amazed the media was at how quickly China could build Hospitals to accommodate "virus victims".  However it also appears they are also good at allowing buildings to "Collapse quickly". I do just wonder if any factors interrelate?

Doc H.

Its curious that Isopropal on ebay is either not in stock or for sky high prices. Don't need any, still got about half of the five litre bottle I bought years ago left. People stating its much stronger than hand sanitisers, when at the supplied 99% it is too strong to be effective against much.

It would be annoying if I needed some more, its terribly useful for cleaning mirrors, removing sticky residue from labels and even brought the megger back to life (selector switch covered in crud, disassembled and washed the PCB with IPA. Oh and removing ink stains.
big clive done a youtube video the other day of home made hand sanitizers

no idea why people are buying bog roll in bulk though

on a slightly unrelated note, when out in public, does anyone start coughing when walking past someone wearing a dust mask?

And on a similar note, you may remember how amazed the media was at how quickly China could build Hospitals to accommodate "virus victims".  However it also appears they are also good at allowing buildings to "Collapse quickly". I do just wonder if any factors interrelate?

Doc H.

maybe trying to reduce the number of deaths by the virus, just get rid of them another way

Doc H.
And we are considering getting them to build nuclear power stations for us.  It would be bad if they collapsed just a few years after being build.

Latest travel tip:  If you want a seat on a train or a bus, get on, walk up to the seat you would like and start coughing like mad towards the current occupants.

As an experiment in cleanliness yesterday. When I took delivery of a parcel, I had to sign my signature on his touch screen thingy. A screen than hundreds of people would have touched recently.  So I bought my parcel (also possibly contaminated) in, opened the parcel and tipped the contents out without touching rhem, then took the packaging out to the outside bin, then came in and washed my hands.  all the time not touching my face in the process.

That needs to become the normal routine for the foreseeable

Last edited by a moderator:
We went to Costco yesterday. There was a sign about limiting sales of certain items. Needless to say the shelves were empty.

On the way home the misses popped into Sainsburys, the same items were not on the shelves.

Fortunately we didn't need any of these items

big clive done a youtube video the other day of home made hand sanitizers
Yeah, It was that that prompted me to google how much a gallon of IPA costs these days. I quite like the idea of his 10x stronger than it should be foaming hand cleaner, would be good to keep in the shed after using the drain clearing rods, probably a bit harsh on hands, but no more so than the thin beach I used to use. I always end up with hands in a bit of a state atm they are stained black due to forgetting to bother with teh plastic gloves that come with a resin kit because they are rubbish, must get a box of decent nitrile ones

And we are considering getting them to build nuclear power stations for us.  It would be bad if they collapsed just a few years after being build.

Latest travel tip:  If you want a seat on a train or a bus, get on, walk up to the seat you would like and start coughing like mad towards the current occupants.

As an experiment in cleanliness yesterday. When I took delivery of a parcel, I had to sign my signature on his touch screen thingy. A screen than hundreds of people would have touched recently.  So I bought my parcel (also possibly contaminated) in, opened the parcel and tipped the contents out without touching rhem, then took the packaging out to the outside bin, then came in and washed my hands.  all the time not touching my face in the process.

That needs to become the normal routine for the foreseeable

best stock up on disposable gloves!

Its interesting how easily this virus could spread. Especially with hospital staff scattered all over the place and the numbers of people visiting hospitals. Then there are the "army" of self employed people like us moving around between multiple customers and suppliers ......

People WILL complain about the NHS, but if staff get the virus and have to stay at home , then services will be disrupted (been discussing this with the misses today who is a midwife).  No Government could fund services with 20% slack, just in case of events like this that "might" happen.

Just saying

Last edited by a moderator:
The real question is, has anybody seen anyone else - other than my wife who I might add actually needs the sanitiser which we can’t get because of said Morons- using sanitiser whilst out? 

the shops round here are clean out but never seen any in use, might have to raid the local Public toilets for stocks! 

Not taking this too seriously but hating misinformation I should say that my best medical source says one of the quite useful distinguishing features of Corona virus vs 'normal flu'  is that COVID19 rarely gives you a runny nose while normal flu generally does.

OCD session ended 20:49