Anybody in the know?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NLSparky

Reaction score
Good morning, I'm hoping somebody on here is in the know and can help regarding course info etc because I'm completely baffled.

Basically I completed my Electrical Installations level 1&2 nearly ten years ago, (100/5404/2) I've been working in the trade since then but only just decided enoughs enough and I need my level 3.

The courses I completed were NVQ, now I don't even know which course I need next as level 3 NVQ is a work based course, does this mean if I go back to college I need to do my level 3 diploma? And is it as simple as just swapping over, or would I need (please, please, please) tell me I don't need to start at level 1 on the diploma side of things?

I've emailed my local college who haven't got a clue aswell as 2 learning centres who said they'd get back to me and haven't.

Basically the question I need answering is, where do I go from here? 

Thanks in advance. 

I'll have a look shortly cheers.

I have my electrical labourer card which the ECS scheme gave me on the back of my certificates so who knows.. I have tried uploading a copy on here but it's not having it. 

thank you, 

so you may want to have a read here 

https://www.ecscard.org.uk/card-types/electrotechnical/installation-electrician
as this will show you what’s needed to be recognised. I am still a little confused on those course numbers you have given us, as they do not even show on this link? 
I've looked mate and can't find anything relevant. This is baffling me, I've rang two training centres and my local college in the hope somebody can shed some light on what course I did haha, one said he'd get back to me in half hour (and didn't), two messages left.

The exact title written on the C&G cert is 'Level 2 certificate in electrotechnical technology installation (Building and structures) 100/3569/2'.

I'm more confused than anything, will email ECS and C&G tomorrow and see if they know anything, other than that any ideas? Cheers again.

I have mate. I will when I finally get home, been away the last 20 days, only 3 to go. 😎

And cheers!

Just an update, for any wondering..

The courses I completed were NVQ but the course was taken over by the apprenticeships scheme midway, what I didn't realise at the time was that these meant they were not NVQ courses. 

I've managed to get straight on to the NVQ level 3 course with what I had.

Cheers for your help lads

Latest posts