Neff oven

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibsonkyle

Reaction score
My Neff oven has stopped heating and noticed grill not working.  Not sure if grill went at the same time. The fan and light works. If I replace oven heating element will this get oven part going again

First check you haven't accidentally confused the timer.  That accounts for a LOT of "failed" ovens.  

Beyond that it's impossible to say, but if two things failed simultaneously its more likely to be a wiring or control fault than two elements.

Fan oven element is separate to the grill element.

It could be an over heat trip?  Or if it's old style with a big mode selector switch they can fail.

It's the big switch you turn round to select grill, normal oven, fan oven etc.  It's a big thing and has 10 or more wires connected to it. they cost about £60 so at 20 years old I would just get a new oven.

Suggestion:  Take off the back panel of the cooker, (with power isolated, obviously), and examine the connections where the elements are wired.

It's not uncommon for the push on connectors to loose their grip and get hot to the point of burning out.  

Any deeper investigation requires test equipment which you probably don't have.