Rangemaster classic110

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary fox

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just connected a rangemaster classic 110. All working except the glass hotplate which trips the RCD as soon as it is switched on.

Any thoughts or experience with this problem would be appreciated

Cheers.

I had a similar thing with a "new old stock" range cooker that someone bought.  Turned out to be an internal wire had got pinched and punctured.  Obviously not tested very well in the fasctory.

Mmmm, it's not the plate warmer it's the small oven. I think I saw somewhere it could be the element. On the bright side, the plate warmer thing works fine😂

Mmmm, it's not the plate warmer it's the small oven. I think I saw somewhere it could be the element. On the bright side, the plate warmer thing works fine😂

every Xmas the wife would put the small oven on  (the only time it ever gets used)  and trip the RCD - I've sorted this now by putting cooker on it's own RCD, but the issue was damp in the insulation around the oven. In short unused ovens get damp, and this causes earth leakage issues. Try nursing the oven on at a very low heat, leave for half an hour and then turn it up a bit, leave for half an hour and repeat until working properly.