DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
JBarrettES

BS number of incoming supply head

JBarrettES

Please can someone confirm the BS number and Type of a BICC 3phase fuse head. It's in a domestic property and only one of the fuses is being used. The only code on it is SC604F? 

https://imgur.com/a/QzmQRK0

Andy™

phone DNO and ask

UNG
4 hours ago, JBarrettES said:

Please can someone confirm the BS number and Type of a BICC 3phase fuse head. It's in a domestic property and only one of the fuses is being used. The only code on it is SC604F

https://imgur.com/a/QzmQRK0

The fact that the cable spreader has BI Callanders on it and the fuse holders are BICC and it looks like it is a modified service head to suit different supply changes, I'm not sure you will find a BS number for it. Based purely on it's age the fuse holder is likely to be a BS88

kerching

Why?

a Sparks only involvement n this is the size of the fuse

as,its DNOs property you cannot fiddle with it

breaking the seal is 'illegal'

so unless it's written Correctly on the fuse carrier just ignore it

not your monkeys, not your circus

ProDave

I am more intrigued by the two incoming cables, one seemingly for L & N and the other just used for an earth connection.

What do you want to know the BS number for? an EICR?

Evans Electric

I can't imagine why you'd need a BS for that to be honest .   It has to be for paperwork  because thats what this trade is all about these days  ...the correct paperwork .  

Yes M'lud  I found the installation to be lethal and a danger to life ....so I filed the correct paperwork and moved on .  

JBarrettES

The second incoming cable has some sort of potting compound in the top, the earth goes behind this and is connected to the sheath of the cable entering the fuse carrier.

Around here (Hertfordshire) I see quite a few incoming heads with 2 fuse carriers, only 1 is ever connected so assume there was some change in practice a long time ago

JBarrettES
11 hours ago, Evans Electric said:

I can't imagine why you'd need a BS for that to be honest .   It has to be for paperwork  because thats what this trade is all about these days  ...the correct paperwork .  

Yes M'lud  I found the installation to be lethal and a danger to life ....so I filed the correct paperwork and moved on .  

Just for paperwork. It's the second one I've seen like this in the last couple of weeks. The first was still set up as 3phase with 2 of them used to feed separate flats. Was wondering if there was a simple answer I didn't know. Out of curiosity I'll try calling the DNO next week and see what they say

kerching

May have been an old DC service

If it's for paperwork then fuse BS is required

if you can't see it then I doesn't matter

its nowt to,do with the BS of the head

ProDave

Just put BS88 for the fuse.  Nobody is going to prove you wrong and the earth won't fall in even if they do,.

Murdoch
50 minutes ago, JBarrettES said:

Just for paperwork. It's the second one I've seen like this in the last couple of weeks. The first was still set up as 3phase with 2 of them used to feed separate flats. Was wondering if there was a simple answer I didn't know. Out of curiosity I'll try calling the DNO next week and see what they say

Just put unknown.

And please give us a clue what certificate you are putting it on and why

Edited by Murdoch

kerching

I think it is a misunderstanding of 'supply fuse rating'

binky

you aren't allowed to inspect the fuse officially, but I would be contacting the DNO to inspect and replace very old service head