BS number of incoming supply head

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JBarrettES

Reaction score
Please can someone confirm the BS number and Type of a BICC 3phase fuse head. It's in a domestic property and only one of the fuses is being used. The only code on it is SC604F? 

https://imgur.com/a/QzmQRK0

Please can someone confirm the BS number and Type of a BICC 3phase fuse head. It's in a domestic property and only one of the fuses is being used. The only code on it is SC604F? 

https://imgur.com/a/QzmQRK0
The fact that the cable spreader has BI Callanders on it and the fuse holders are BICC and it looks like it is a modified service head to suit different supply changes, I'm not sure you will find a BS number for it. Based purely on it's age the fuse holder is likely to be a BS88

I am more intrigued by the two incoming cables, one seemingly for L & N and the other just used for an earth connection.

What do you want to know the BS number for? an EICR?

I can't imagine why you'd need a BS for that to be honest .   It has to be for paperwork  because thats what this trade is all about these days  ...the correct paperwork .  

Yes M'lud  I found the installation to be lethal and a danger to life ....so I filed the correct paperwork and moved on .  

The second incoming cable has some sort of potting compound in the top, the earth goes behind this and is connected to the sheath of the cable entering the fuse carrier.

Around here (Hertfordshire) I see quite a few incoming heads with 2 fuse carriers, only 1 is ever connected so assume there was some change in practice a long time ago

I can't imagine why you'd need a BS for that to be honest .   It has to be for paperwork  because thats what this trade is all about these days  ...the correct paperwork .  

Yes M'lud  I found the installation to be lethal and a danger to life ....so I filed the correct paperwork and moved on .  
Just for paperwork. It's the second one I've seen like this in the last couple of weeks. The first was still set up as 3phase with 2 of them used to feed separate flats. Was wondering if there was a simple answer I didn't know. Out of curiosity I'll try calling the DNO next week and see what they say

Just for paperwork. It's the second one I've seen like this in the last couple of weeks. The first was still set up as 3phase with 2 of them used to feed separate flats. Was wondering if there was a simple answer I didn't know. Out of curiosity I'll try calling the DNO next week and see what they say

Just put unknown.

And please give us a clue what certificate you are putting it on and why

Last edited by a moderator:
I am more intrigued by the two incoming cables, one seemingly for L & N and the other just used for an earth connection.

What do you want to know the BS number for? an EICR?
It looks like the earth goes behind and to the incomer. The other one is most likely a loop that’s been disconnected.

Locked to prevent hi-jacking (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.