Smart meter incorrectly installed by Utility company?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kurly

Reaction score
I live in a privately rented two bedroom first floor flat which used to have a Prepayment key meter supplied by Scottish Power under Comfort Plus Control plan.

In March 2019 I moved to www.Utilita.co.uk so I could have a Smart meter fitted and hopefully cheaper tariffs. The engineer who fitted the Smart meter has wired it up incorrectly resulting in my panel heaters and hot water boost not working. I have also had intermittent issues with the two storage heaters in the property. This was confirmed by a recent visit by an electrician sent on my landlords behalf to look at the recent issues.

Can anyone offer advice on the quickest and most efficient way of sorting this out?

cal the supplier and tell them to send someone competent this time instea of a barely trained monkey who couldnt count past the more common 4 cables

Do your bills now show a peak rate and an off peak rate?  or have you been transferred to a single rate meter?

How many wires now connected to the new smart meter?