DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
kerching

Covid19 profiteering....boils my urine

kerching

Have you seen the price of FFP3 masks on fleabay 3M 9332+ !!!!!!!!!!!!!

its freaking obscene.        £260 for a box of 10!

anyway guess who has two boxes of 10 in his onsite storage matrix? :innocent

so I am going to......

given them to wife as she is a teacher and manning the school,for children of key workers and vulnerable kids. Also,working over Easter as school,is staying open to provide care

Murdoch

Ebay should delist these items and toilet roll, when its clearly profiteering.

kerching

Most of the Ads have been taken down now BUT there are still some going for £250/10 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by kerching

Sharpend

Apparently when they run out of stock they list the items at silly prices to save on eBay listing fees. If they removed the listing when out of stock then they have to pay a new listing fee when new stock arrives. 

kerching
46 minutes ago, Sharpend said:

Apparently when they run out of stock they list the items at silly prices to save on eBay listing fees. If they removed the listing when out of stock then they have to pay a new listing fee when new stock arrives. 

These appeared to be genuine auctions that folk were still bidding on.  At least they are  down now so folk aren't getting reamed

Badger

has any of the trades here done any installation in houses wether lived in or not. this week since the lock down

Murdoch
Just now, Badger said:

has any of the trades here done any installation in houses wether lived in or not. this week since the lock down

Guilty.

tuesday am, EICR on empty property, and I already had the keys. Nothing since

been asked to do some work in another empty property next week, however,

monday - builders, decorator and handyman 

tuesday - decorator and handyman

weds to fri decorator

i m not going unless it’s empty

Badger

i dont blame you murdoch but wasnt there something about installation isnt classed as essential only maintenance 

ProDave

Going out this afternoon to fit a replacement satellite dish. I should not need to enter the house.

Someone wants me to change some light fittings. I will be telling her it can wait.

I have a garage wants wiring, only issue with that is going into the house to connect the feed,

UNG
10 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

Guilty.

tuesday am, EICR on empty property, and I already had the keys. Nothing since

been asked to do some work in another empty property next week, however,

monday - builders, decorator and handyman 

tuesday - decorator and handyman

weds to fri decorator

i m not going unless it’s empty

And who is sanitising the properties between trades if this virus can live on surfaces for a good number of hours, I don't think you can be too cautious at the moment

Murdoch
Just now, Badger said:

i dont blame you murdoch but wasnt there something about installation isnt classed as essential only maintenance 

Well, the property was empty and the tenants are due to move in on Saturday - doing the EICR on an empty property was a judgement call on my part - but I had cancelled other work before the PM spoke

One of my neighbours is a fireman and a decorator - he works on his own and is going to carry on regardless on outside work.

Just now, UNG said:

And who is sanitising the properties between trades if this virus can live on surfaces for a good number of hours, I don't think you can be too cautious at the moment

Precisely 

Good job I recently bought a new box of 500 pairs of disposable gloves ...........

Edited by Murdoch

Murdoch

On a different  note, TFL have stated they have 1/3 of their staff off sick.

My misses is a midwife and they only have 1 person "in self quarantine" - out of a couple of hundred

kerching
4 hours ago, Murdoch said:

On a different  note, TFL have stated they have 1/3 of their staff off sickK

Not that it would ever happen but imagine if somebody wanted a few weeks off to do,some decorating at home and get paid for it as well.....can't see it myself but neverv say never

UNG
2 hours ago, Murdoch said:

Well, the property was empty and the tenants are due to move in on Saturday - doing the EICR on an empty property was a judgement call on my part - but I had cancelled other work before the PM spoke

One of my neighbours is a fireman and a decorator - he works on his own and is going to carry on regardless on outside work.

Since Boris's Monday evening lockdown I never knew there were so many definitions of essential and the list is increasing all the time

Good job I recently bought a new box of 500 pairs of disposable gloves ...........

Will they fit / are they suitable for your handtools and test equipment as well as your hands otherwise how do you stop any possible cross contamination

On a different  note, TFL have stated they have 1/3 of their staff off sick.

My misses is a midwife and they only have 1 person "in self quarantine" - out of a couple of hundred

TFL have a lot of customer facing staff who probably have close contact with 10's of thousands of people everyday while there will be those who are throwing a sickie to avoid work does that 1/3 include people who might be more at risk if they get coronavirus and those who are self isolating for other reasons

The one thing that seems to have gone out of the window since this pandemic majorly kicked in is the risk assessment or is having a possible coronavirus carrier on a construction site a hazard that does not need to be risk assessed. It begs the question if somebody on a site is found to have coronavirus does that have to be reported under RIDDOR

Murdoch
41 minutes ago, UNG said:

Will they fit / are they suitable for your handtools and test equipment as well as your hands otherwise how do you stop any possible cross contamination

Well , interesting point but I suspect far more cross contamination is occurring every day in supermarkets courtesy of trolley and basket handles.

these are thin disposable gloves, so not perfect, but I do have a large container of hand sanitiser too.

on a slightly different subject we’ve just been out for a walk - the number of vehicles surprised me, and this included quite a number of trades vans with multiple occupants ... 

UNG

Looking at the latest news it looks like the lockdown may become more severe after today with  no one allowed to leave their home "without reasonable excuse" risking a fine or arrest

Sharpend

We should be on total lockdown now there Should be no reason to put work above health, but we do- why? 

i do suspect that we will be put into more strict lockdown in coming days though, especially now that a plan is on place for the self employed. 

SPECIAL LOCATION
9 minutes ago, Sharpend said:

We should be on total lockdown now there Should be no reason to put work above health, but we do- why? 

i do suspect that we will be put into more strict lockdown in coming days though, especially now that a plan is on place for the self employed. 

AFAIK The "Guidance" put forward earlier in the week becomes Legal soon..  (Friday or the Weekend)...

It has to pass though some procedures then via the House Of Lords.....

But technically assuming no objections, I think they said it was by Friday at the earliest, when things like restricting peoples movement becomes legal.. 

As such the Police will then have greater legal powers to check on who is out and why... not just a 'Can you please go home' request..

Guinness

Zeespark

I currently work for Amazon in one of their fulfilment centres. I was sent a text by the government telling Me that I am a 'key worker' and that I can go to work if I feel well enough. I have been advised to keep the text message, as if I feel My collar pulled by the police, the text acts as a passport of sorts, to be away from home with a valid reason why I am not at home.

Andy Guinness

UNG
7 hours ago, Zeespark said:

I currently work for Amazon in one of their fulfilment centres. I was sent a text by the government telling Me that I am a 'key worker' and that I can go to work if I feel well enough. I have been advised to keep the text message, as if I feel My collar pulled by the police, the text acts as a passport of sorts, to be away from home with a valid reason why I am not at home.

Andy Guinness

Only good if you are on your way to or from work but looking at the current guidance issued to police you need an ID card and a letter from your employer to validate your journey

TBH I'm considering leaving my mobile at home if I need go out to give the police less evidence to work with

kerching

Newsflash.....Boris has just tested positive for it .  He comes under all. criteria for testing ( unlike NHS Staff etc)......whatever that may be 

Andy™

bet his got to the front of the queue too, no having to wait

Phoenix

15 hours ago, Zeespark said:

I'm not sure how they get you onto a government list like that, or even that they had such a list (when they sent a message to everyone in the country earlier this week, they had to ask the mobile companies to do it for them!)

My colleague and I have PDFs of letters from some of our clients (care and grocery sectors) classifying our maintenance on their sites as essential, but AFAIK it should not be required at present; you are allowed to travel to work if its not reasonably practicable to work from home, and construction sites have not been ordered to close. Simply saying "I am travelling to work Officer, as it cannot be carried out remotely" should be enough. Several forces seem to be overstepping their marks though, I expect they will be told to be a bit more sensible about it soon. They'd be better off dispersing groups of youths hanging around on pavements, rather than harassing people traveling alone in vehicles

Andy™
Just now, Phoenix said:

They'd be better off dispersing groups of youths hanging around on pavements, rather than harassing people traveling alone in vehicles

set up a checkpoint and stop all vehicles even though there is 1 person or send multiple officers wandering around looking for yoofs handing around on pavements... checkpoint will be easier and they can get their numbers up quicker...

Sharpend
4 hours ago, Andy™ said:

set up a checkpoint and stop all vehicles even though there is 1 person or send multiple officers wandering around looking for yoofs handing around on pavements... checkpoint will be easier and they can get their numbers up quicker...

I find it odd that we end up on police racking up numbers of fines on a thread labelled profiteering!! 

personally I wouldn’t be surprised if gov have issued command to fine as many as possible to reduce burden of debt by whatever we can instruction?? 

am I the only one who thinks that China will take advantage of the world stock market crashing and buy up many controlling shares in vulnerable companies? I find it suspicious how the stock market is rebounding given that nothing has changed for the good as yet? 

Edited by Sharpend