Thinking outside of the box

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Now there's such a reduced amount of traffic around, I wonder if Councils will think outside of the box and get on fixing the plethora of holes in the roads? Its not as if a few sets of traffic lights are going to cause many issues

So collecting the bins is going to take awhile unless those trucks have a 2m square cabin? 

collecting bins is a little more important than fixing a pothole

there's also the fact that if youre emptying bins then its going to be mostly the driver in the cab on their own, and the workers at the back can easily maintain 2 meters as they work individually. time in the cab travelling between areas isnt all that much

where are 2 people driving around fixing potholes, they are going to be in the cab a larger part of the time than above. they will also be pretty much working together and right next to each other when doing the repair.

We've just had a reduced bin collection announced too.

Once a fortnight and taking the blue (recycled glass, etc) and the grey at the same time. Sounds to me like they are going to dump it all together. Not collecting paper/card or garden waste unless put in the grey bin, PLUS the local recycling centre closed so we can't take stuff ourselves.

Recycling.....answer me this

if you break a drinking glass it has to go in General waste bin if at home OR the hardcore bin at the Tip!

WTAFF?.....it's made of GLASS isn't it ? And the majority of glass is made from recycled glass...it even has its own name "cullet"

The term cullet originates from France where it was dug up in it's natural state

You need some cullet to make new glass in fact all glass produced has recycled glass ( cullet ) in it.

When they open a new glass plant it is quite normal to have a couple of guys with sledgehammers smashing the sheet glass at the end of the lear during the first few weeks of production to create cullet so they can ramp up the production without trucking in massive amounts of cullet

Latest posts