TV Reports

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Home for the terminally bewildered, one step ahead
And why are all,the TV companies sending journalists/camera crew/sound man/makeup artist out all over the place to send us back pics of empty shelves, empty roads, building sites?

just had a BBC Chief Reporter stood in Ambulance control room!....others have managed it via a video call........brings my urine to 100°C

STAY AT HOME it's not rocket science

^^ I quite agree

it was the media that talked up the numbers of people panic buying, which in turn made more people panic buy, which when reported, made more people panic buy

the media haven’t helped the situation at all

And why are all,the TV companies sending journalists/camera crew/sound man/makeup artist out all over the place to send us back pics of empty shelves, empty roads, building sites?

just had a BBC Chief Reporter stood in Ambulance control room!....others have managed it via a video call........brings my urine to 100°C

STAY AT HOME it's not rocket science

For years now I have never understood why reporters have to go and stand outside somewhere just to talk about it to camera....??

Especially when they don't even interview anybody....

Just stand there and read a pre-written report... :C

About the Queen:-  Must stand outside Buckingham Palace, or Windsor...

About the Prime Minister:-  Must stand outside No 10...

About the Police:-  Must stand outside Scotland Yard...

About a business:-  Must stand outside their head office...

About a Medical issue:-  Must stand outside a hospital...

About a celebrity:-  Must stand outside their house...

About Education:-  Must stand outside a school...…………………????

Why?   

Is it just so they can claim travel expenses and a overnight hotel bill, (inc mini-bar).

most of the time the bod in the studio has already said all of the relevant facts..

then the "roving reporter" just says, "no further details at the moment",  then just repeats what "Studio Bod" has already said ??

so  99.9999999%  of the time the person standing outside prove no practical purpose whatsoever!

:popcorn

I was bored last night so I sent a complaint to BBC....not expecting anything
i hope you're not holding your breath for an answer.

I suspect the complaints team are on 100% pay "working from home" and as only collective pc answers can be given you'll be at the bottom of the pile to be answered

:slap

we need to see their response & the email you sent. cant be any worse than B&Q's customer service though... or can it?
Here you go.......

Please don’t reply to this email because it’s an automated acknowledgement sent from an account which can’t receive replies. If you do need to get in touch, please use our webform instead at www.bbc.co.uk/complaints, quoting your reference number.

----------

YOUR COMPLAINT: 

Un necessary external reporting 

Government has said "don't go out unless necessary, don't make unnecessary journeys " so what are you sending out a reporter and possibly sound engineer, cameraman, make up artist to make un needed outside broadcasts? I am sure we know what an empty street looks like by now, or an empty shelf, traffic less road, hospital carpark etc BUT you insist on showing us .  Come on now, you shaft the Public yearly for a licence to watch repeats. Get your collective overly paid fingers out, and STAY AT HOME...it's not rocket science

----------

Thank you again for contacting us, 

BBC Complaints Team
www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

I am now becoming a little piped off with these cookining fronts

northwest news at 6 

11 outside reports.  One of them was a reporter standing outside near a brick wall so they could CGI some images on it

another of a reporter walking down an empty street for 5 seconds

another of a restaurant owner preparing food for the homeless...if I see another "2 m boom mike with a flying fanny on the end of it" it would willingly un isolate myself and shove it up,the reporters chuff

Stood in a field talking to,a farmer.....2m mike in hand

can I ask any other members on here to email the TV channels and tell them they are a bunch of W ⚓️ S

Unfortunately  TV  follows the same old formats year after year .   I too always wonder why a crew has to stand with the Commons in the background just to tell us what was said inside that building.  

Other stuff they've done since B&W  single channel is  to pay some celeb . to come in on Shrove Tuesday and toss pancakes ...with hilarious results.....wrap Christmas presents ...with hilarious results.      Back in the day there was one  (1)  cooking programme  , first it was a bearded bloke  , replaced by Fanny Haddock & her half pi$$ed hubby  ..Oh how we laffed .....now there  are 500 cooking programmes , even cooking contests .  Flicking through the other day  I came upon  some bloke cooking  along with about eight other so called celebs I presume ,  all making feeble comments and trying to look interested.   Then they all get to try a bit accompanied  a load of false  OOooos & Aaaaahs  &  Hmmmms .  

Dear Dr.  Sheldon Cooper

Thank you for contacting us about your concerns regarding our outside broadcasts during the coronavirus pandemic.

The safety of our staff and anyone else involved in our output is of paramount importance.

We want to report the ongoing developments as accurately as possible.  Where we feel it is editorially important to be on location, we make a full risk assessment and take expert medical and safety advice. This includes using protective equipment where necessary and following the Government’s guidance on social distancing.

We are also making full use of technology to conduct more interviews on video links so we minimise the risks to staff and the public. We are keeping all aspects of our coverage under review as the coronavirus outbreak develops.

Your observations have been passed on to the News team, and we thank you for taking the time to contact us. 

BBC Complaints Team
www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

Please note: this email is sent from an unmonitored address so please don’t reply. If necessary please contact us through our webform (please include your case reference number).

At least this doesn't apply to The Archers  which will be recorded  by each actor , separately at their home and pieced together  .    

Not that I listen of course ,  but I do hope Linda gets better soon ....not sure about the builder  who set fire to Grey Gables though  .     So I'm told . :C       

Round 2

just about to,send this....any additions

CAS-5990913-M9D9Y3

Further to your reply

The seriousness of this situation does not appear to be sinking in with the BBC

Government advice

Is your journey necessary ? If not then STAY AT HOME.....this is not rocket science BUT it is Science that has been proved to limit the spread of this killer virus

You say you are acting in accordance with government guidelines and carry out risk assessments so explain to me why on Northwest tonight it is deemed essential to

Send however many people so that   Dave Guest ( CHIEF reporter, no less) Can stand outside Wymot Prison and do a piece to camera for 20 seconds and then show us a picture of some barbed wire!

Send Stuart Flinders and however many others to walk around a food bank , without a mask, Breathing on food that is at best 2 feet away from him on open shelves

Send Andy Gill to stand outside Aintree Race Course to show it is closed. 

Unless the British Public are thicker than you think I am pretty sure we know what a closed Racecourse and a Prison look like. The food bank itself was a revelation......aisles with shelves on each side stacked with food in green trays, who knew!

This list goes on and on!

WHY are you doing this?

Also will you please send me under the FOIA a copy of each risk assessment carried out from the above to show me the necessity for these trips and what (obviously

unseen) risk controls have been put in place along with a "cost per outside broadcast" for said outside reports.  I am pretty confident that my blind 89 year old mother will be more than pleased to know that shortly she will be made to pay towards a once free TV licence so you can squander her pension on this TOTAL WASTE OF HUMAN RESOURCES AND TIME

This email is also being copied to Social Media and a number of Internet Forums

I await your immediate response with some trepidation 

Which of these words do you not understand?

STAY INSIDE

well since youre on about journalists, keep seeing them listed on 'essential workers' who get priority to shops etc over general public.

i agree NHS staff etc getting to jump the queue, but journalists should be sent home with some of last weeks bread and an out of date tin of something from the foodbank and told to stay at home