Ebay automatic paypal login..

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

All of a sudden, when i buy something on ebay, it manages to automatically log into paypal. I certainly did not enable this.

It did it once before, but now i have no idea how to prevent this as they make it next to impossible..

Anyone know how to stop the bastard thing logging itself in??

john..

I don't know how to avoid that mate  .      Amazon do a similar thing with their Prime , it keeps butting in .       Paypal is owned by ebay   I believe ,  I use it myself and consider it safe  as it puts a third party in between you and the seller ,  presumably they don't get to see your credit card details  . 

How would you normally  pay on ebay then ?  

Actually , thinking about it,  I'm sure you can avoid Paypal in their  settings  somewhere  unless its been altered to all payments by Paypal. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt if it is cookies. I believe its a direct link within e-bay.

One day I selected pay and got a message "You have enabled one-click purchasing and don't need to log in to Paypal".

I don't recall enabling it, certainly I didn't do it deliberately but as you know its very easy to click on a box by accident , so who knows?

I've let it be, on the basis that only I have access to my machine, plus anything bought with Paypal can only be sent to my address.

I managed to sort it.. I set up the thing where it DOES automatically log in, then deleted it and deleted all cookies and not it is fine!!

john...

I doubt if it is cookies. I believe its a direct link within e-bay.

One day I selected pay and got a message "You have enabled one-click purchasing and don't need to log in to Paypal".

I don't recall enabling it, certainly I didn't do it deliberately but as you know its very easy to click on a box by accident , so who knows?

I've let it be, on the basis that only I have access to my machine, plus anything bought with Paypal can only be sent to my address.
If you stayed logged in though, could they not hack into your ebay, and then access paypal through that and change the delivery address??

john..

I...

If you stayed logged in though, could they not hack into your ebay, and then access paypal through that and change the delivery address??

john..
I doubt it. From experience Paypal is very quick to ask for my password if I  try to change anything. Changing my e-mail seemed a nightmare and I'm still not sure its right if I want to sell.

Then again perhaps its just me that's bad at that sort of thing.