HELP! Drayton Lifestyle LP111 programmer & LP711 programmer

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Babs

Reaction score
HELP

Powercut here last night.  

Just noticed the programmer in the hall cupboard (LP111) is flickering and the display is blank.

There is another programmer (LP711) next to the Joules unvented water heater in the kitchen which seems fine

Can't even remember why there are two programmers?  Maybe the LP111 is not needed (but electrician left it there?).  

The heating and hot water are left on all the time, so don't use time settings

Do I need to worry about the flickering display on the LP111?  Can I ignore it.  I have tried pressing reset button and reset button and the +button.  But nothing happens.

Can't even switch it on and off?  No wall switch nearby.  

Have also tried turning power stitch off in fuse box (for a couple of seconds - maybe not long enough?).  But Drayton stills flickers and display blank.

NB Think heating and hot water still works?

(Tried turning the heating thermostat up and heating came on)

To be honest if you don't know what the controls in your house do no-one here is going to know. 

If everything is working as needed don't worry.

If you eventually decide something is wrong and the controller is responsible they are very easy to replace.

i.e. SHUT THE POWER OFF, loosen the two small screws under the  unit and tip it upwards. to unplug  Reverse the operation with a new one.

Thanks Geoff.  Grateful for your prompt reply.  As for knowing how everything works - sorry but if I haven't ever had to use the programmer (as just leave heating working with thermostat), I wouldn't remember.  Keeps people like you in business - just with this virus we don't really want anyone in the flat.  And as for my husband, he can't even rewire a plug (I can)

:)

Drayton programmer displays often go crazy if there is a messy power cut  (part voltage intermittent etc) before power is fully restored

It is often possible to reset them with a clean switch off, wait a minute and on again.  Use local isolator switch-fuse unit or  if there isn't one the relevant breaker in the consumer unit.
If not there is often a reset button in a recessed hole you can try
If still not working as others say buy the same model number and it should be a simple hinge-on replacement  (you will have to turn the power off at this stage)

Thanks Bruspark. Will see if there's a reset button tomorrow. Too late now.  I did switch the local isolator off - maybe not long enough.  Kind of you to reply

I s there a backup battery in there too? A little coin cell?    If so that probably needs to be serviceable to do the reset.  (And probably needs replacing or the display wouldn't have scrambled in the first place).