Electrical installations

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steveallan

Reaction score
1.The line conductor tails feeding an installation connected to a TN-S system have a cross-sectional area of 25mm2 . What is the minimum size earthing conductor that must be used (assuming it is not buried)?

can anyone help me with this 

You might find the correct answer is a lot smaller than the answer they are expecting, though to get that you do have to make some reasonable assumptions for information they have not given you, I'd hint that you might be better off giving the easier answer to work out after you've read ch. 54 (that'll make sense after you've read it), but have a go at trying to work out what the actual true mimimum is, at least on here even if not on the proper homework sheet....

1.The line conductor tails feeding an installation connected to a TN-S system have a cross-sectional area of 25mm2 . What is the minimum size earthing conductor that must be used (assuming it is not buried)?

can anyone help me with this 

1.  Welcome to the forum..

2. The forum is NOT a quick free homework answering service....

3. If you put forward what you think the answer should be first, then 99.9999% of the time you will get a far more comprehensive answer back.. :Salute

4.  e.g.  "what is the answer to A+B?"   -vs-  "I think the answer to A+B is C, and my calculations are based around D & E"...  But please can someone verify if I am thinking on the right lines or have I missed something?

AND.. If applicable mention regulations or pages from BS7671 or on-site-guide that you think are relevant.

OR...  

to put it another way,

it is far easier for anyone on the forum to give a more useful, relevant & understandable answer to someone, IF you know a bit more about the other persons level of understanding...

i.e. don't want to talk down to them OR talk over their heads so they don't grasp what you are saying.

Guinness

3. If you put forward what you think the answer should be first, then 99.9999% of the time you will get a far more comprehensive answer back.. :Salute

4.  e.g.  "what is the answer to A+B?"   -vs-  "I think the answer to A+B is C, and my calculations are based around D & E"...  But please can someone verify if I am thinking on the right lines or have I missed something?

AND.. If applicable mention regulations or pages from BS7671 or on-site-guide that you think are relevant.

good example of that here