CV19 Self Employed grant almost ready

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grant applications open today (may be a day or 2 later for some)

My application is in. (wanted to get in early before the system crashed)

All explained here https://www.gov.uk/guidance/claim-a-grant-through-the-self-employment-income-support-scheme

The first step, which you have been able to do for about a week is check if you are eligible.  When they confirm your eligibility they give you the date you can apply. That might be today, it might be a day or 2 away yet.

It's all done on line.  they do all the sums from your last 3 tax returns, they take your average profit for the last 3 years, and pay you 80% of 3 months profit.

You have to self declare that your business has been adversely affected by CV-19 and provide bank details to receive the payment.  You should get it in about 6 days.

All explained here https://www.gov.uk/guidance/claim-a-grant-through-the-self-employment-income-support-scheme

The first step, which you have been able to do for about a week is check if you are eligible.  When they confirm your eligibility they give you the date you can apply. That might be today, it might be a day or 2 away yet.

It's all done on line.  they do all the sums from your last 3 tax returns, they take your average profit for the last 3 years, and pay you 80% of 3 months profit.

You have to self declare that your business has been adversely affected by CV-19 and provide bank details to receive the payment.  You should get it in about 6 days.

Good input mate.

Did the site tell you immediately what you would be getting? and when?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it tells you straight away and even how it worked it out.

There looks to be an option to appeal if you think the calculations are wrong as well.

The guidance said 6 working days for the payment, and you will get an email when it's on it's way.

The next question for us self employed, is with the Furlough scheme for employees now extended for anything up to 8 months, will the SEISS get extended as well?  We were the poor relations last time and our scheme did not get announced until enough people made enough noise. So time to start lobbying for this scheme to get extended?

The next question for us self employed, is with the Furlough scheme for employees now extended for anything up to 8 months, will the SEISS get extended as well?  We were the poor relations last time and our scheme did not get announced until enough people made enough noise. So time to start lobbying for this scheme to get extended?

The employee furlough scheme was extended by one month a few weeks ago and then extended to October this week. I'm concerned how little noise has been made on each occasion, about the lack of extension to the SEISS. The chancellor has been asked about the scheme several times now and has avoided giving a straight answer. Martin Lewis has been campaigning for a response from Rishi Sunak for some time but to no avail. If this gets no real public attention and support I fear the government will let this slide.

I suspect they want to see how many return to work now that they have relaxed the guidelines, before extending it? 

one word of warning for those applying, make sure you have everything to hand and don’t get interrupted when applying as you will be timed out and it took me 3.5 hrs to get back on!! 

We are not "unlocked" yet in Scotland.  If Scotland does not lift the lockdown soon what do you rate the chances of the Scottish government funding an extended support package?

A few billion of the cash given to the SNP for furloughing businesses has disappeared apparently, I dont think I need to ask where it has gone, I have a few ideas.

Andy 
Have you seen the cost of school boy uniforms nowadays? And to get a matching peaked cap as well!!!

just not able to stand the GinGGer boss eyed dwarf