Identify siren and connections

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waterhobo

Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I found this forum in my search for help on google.

I usually manage to sort problems out myself but this has me stumped and can't find help on google.

I have an alarm siren box with strobe. I know the usual connections and understand how it the system should work but am unable to make sense of this one because of lack of information.

Can anyone identify the make of box or give me the connection details.

There are no name or model numbers anywhere on the device and the circuit board manufacturing numbers throw up a total blank on the internet.

At a guess the box is maybe 10 yrs old and was working when taken out. There are no connection details on the circuit board either so at the moment I am stumped.

Hopefully someone recognises it and can give me a clue.

Photos attached.

No they're not. How do I attach photos. 

Hang on I'll try and find out and post on the next attempt.

David

Sorry guys, failed miserably the first test of attaching photo. I need to go to work but will come back later and try again.

If anyone has any pointers on how I can put a picture in my post, it would be a great help. 

You won’t be able to post pics on the forum until you have 10 posts, it is an anti spammer precaution, the only way round it is for admin to allow or to post your pics on a 3rd party hosting site and provide a link.

You're probably right Andy but it's become a challenge now and don't like being beaten. If all else fails there's only 120 ways of connecting 5 wires. Could be fun. I can probably identify a couple of the connections using a meter and an uneducated guess or two.

I was just hoping someone would say "oh that's a so and so and the connections are this". 

It's an old alarm system I'm fitting to the workshop/shed in the garden so if screw it up I'll just have to buy a new one.

No idea...   Will it dismantle down any further...?   :C

i.e.  can you look at some of the tracks on the circuit board to visually see where they go to??

But as you say a bit of dabbling around with a multi-meter..  

and/or a 12v PSU/Battery,   A few off-cuts of wire,  and some lever Wago connectors..

would probably resolve the puzzle...

It may pass a few hours on a quite lock-down afternoon with a beer or two!

Guinness Guinness  

I can get the "lens" plastic off but no more and no clues underneath'.

Circuit board is complex and tiny, I tried following tracks to what would be known components, i.e. power supply etc but unable to identify bits as its all congested and could be multi layer board I think.

Few beers and a rainy afternoon could be the answer.

If it smokes then I've lost nothing except my time - so be it.

Hadn't thought of that Geoff - I'll check later - they do look suspiciously like the removable ones. Thanks for that.

I was hoping that it would be a common siren and easily identified but looks like its not the case.

I'll have another dabble this afternoon.

Thanks to all for your replies.