Jump to content
Neil Jackson

Microwave starts going around when you plug it in

Recommended Posts

Neil Jackson

Starts working without You pressing anything. Plug in and off it goes. What could be the cause of this is it to do with the digital part of the microwave? Any ideas would help wife going into meltdown as used it to make milky coffees

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andy™

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Geoff1946

Hopefully it stops on the door interlock?  i.e doesn't do ANYTHING if the door is open.   If it does (do anything) then don't plug it in as it could be dangerous!

 

On the few microwaves I've repaired there is a bank of relays on a printed circuit board all controlled by the microprocessor and operating the various functions.

Most likely the relay controlling the turntable has failed on yours.

 

Unless you are competent in electronic repairs there is nothing you can, or should attempt, to do except go and buy a new microwave. 

Microwaves are the most hazardous domestic appliance to tinker with; be warned!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kerching
20 minutes ago, Andy™ said:

 

Number one when my daughter was born....she got then 💩 one

son got Bowie Let's Dance

other daughter got Ben E King, Stand by Me which was also our Dad dance at her wedding

 

just saying 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Murdoch

As most microwaves are as cheap as chips, its probably not a bad idea to replace it rather than mess with it .............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ruston

As the above two posts. Microwaves can be very dangerous if taken apart . There is a component that is extremely dangerous. Again - be warned.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ruston
10 minutes ago, ruston said:

As the above two posts. Microwaves can be very dangerous if taken apart . There is a component that is extremely dangerous. Again - be warned.

 

 

A quick Google.

Magnetron, Move Over!

Magnetrons can be incredibly dangerous, while you are safe from radiation when they are not powered, the ceramic insulators can contain beryllium oxide which can be fatal when inhaled. If Magneto is the enemy of the X-Men, the magnetronis the enemy of all lungs everywhere.25 Jan 2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blue Duck

Not just the magnetron.......

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

Terms of UseWe have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.