Neil Jackson

Microwave starts going around when you plug it in

Neil Jackson

Starts working without You pressing anything. Plug in and off it goes. What could be the cause of this is it to do with the digital part of the microwave? Any ideas would help wife going into meltdown as used it to make milky coffees

Andy™

Geoff1946

Hopefully it stops on the door interlock?  i.e doesn't do ANYTHING if the door is open.   If it does (do anything) then don't plug it in as it could be dangerous!

On the few microwaves I've repaired there is a bank of relays on a printed circuit board all controlled by the microprocessor and operating the various functions.

Most likely the relay controlling the turntable has failed on yours.

Unless you are competent in electronic repairs there is nothing you can, or should attempt, to do except go and buy a new microwave. 

Microwaves are the most hazardous domestic appliance to tinker with; be warned!

kerching
20 minutes ago, Andy™ said:

Number one when my daughter was born....she got then 💩 one

son got Bowie Let's Dance

other daughter got Ben E King, Stand by Me which was also our Dad dance at her wedding

just saying 

Murdoch

As most microwaves are as cheap as chips, its probably not a bad idea to replace it rather than mess with it .............

ruston

As the above two posts. Microwaves can be very dangerous if taken apart . There is a component that is extremely dangerous. Again - be warned.

ruston
10 minutes ago, ruston said:

As the above two posts. Microwaves can be very dangerous if taken apart . There is a component that is extremely dangerous. Again - be warned.

A quick Google.

Magnetron, Move Over!

Magnetrons can be incredibly dangerous, while you are safe from radiation when they are not powered, the ceramic insulators can contain beryllium oxide which can be fatal when inhaled. If Magneto is the enemy of the X-Men, the magnetronis the enemy of all lungs everywhere.25 Jan 2017

Blue Duck

Not just the magnetron.......