Screw size advice please.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liveandbreathe

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Creda Aspire Solar Plus double oven electric cooker with digital timer.  The main oven heating element broke and then after only a few days use the top oven element failed too with a bang.  I looked online for advice and one site said remove the back of the oven to gain access to the heating element connections so I did that and only then noticed another site saying I could just remove the inner back plate of the oven to gain access to the element.

I removed all the screws (maybe totalling more than 20) and put them in a jar for safe keeping.  However, I absent mindlessly threw them out and now my oven is sitting in bits.  I have no idea if I can order replacement screws or what size they are so I was wondering if anyone knows this and could advise me please?

I'd love to save it because double ovens with digital timers are very expensive compared to a replacement element.

Thanks for your time.

They will either be standard metric threads, or in a lot of cases just self tapping screws.

Most of us older people have stacks of assorted screws about the place and would fins something that fits in no time.  Do you not keep such useful things about the place?

On most appliances all the structural screws are the same. Find one you haven't yet removed and check it fits the empty positions then take it to an engineers suppliers, or maybe a car accessory shop to match it.

Be a lot more methodical before removing elements. Take photos of the wiring for instance, or you will finish up with lots of dangling wires you don't know where to connect.

Thanks a lot everyone for your advice and suggestions.  I think that 900pc box would have them in it for sure.

I found 3 screws and just measured one.   From the top to bottom it's approx 8/9mm, 7mm across top and 3mm at the very bottom.  Would that be any typical size of screw?

Thanks again.