chocboxes ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lips

Reaction score
From when did lighting connections have to be in an enclosure and not connector blocks and insulating tape

As far as I know never, but seeing as it seems to be the norm to not bother putting wagons in enclosures it’s just a sad sign of the trade these days ...

Since forever

funfact.....most choc bloc doesn't comply with regs as it is made of an insulation thatbhas a lower rating than the cables it connects. Argue that one with a "know it all" it can be quite amusing. Obviously not as amusing as telling an Architect or Consultant they are talking 🐮 💩 and you prove it

not that I know anyone who has ever gone down that route

Talking of "choc blocs and tape"  I was called to a house I knew well.  I did a lot of work in it years ago when it was renovated.  I thought the wiring was pretty good., but the call was "upstairs lights not working"

It actually turned out to be only "bathroom lights not working". Mr Bathroom Fitter had been and fitted a new bathroom and new bathroom lights.  Up in the loft was a new taped up choc block with a loose screw.

Latest posts