Bigger crisis coming soon ...perhaps ...possibly.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is said that many jobs will not re create after Lockdown .                   In this area we already fund   61,000  free meals for schoolkids  whose parents cannot afford to provide  .   

Again just saying . 

Nearly 4 months and most people seem to be managing just fine without an electrician.  I continue to do 1 or 2 tiny little repair jobs per week mostly for landlords, this mornings being replace a CO alarm and when I can get hold of the tenant I will go and PAT test a washing machine, yes just the one item needs testing.

It almost feels like I have retired already and just doing these jobs for fun now.

I think an awful lot of shops are not going to re open or go bust.

I think a lot of domestic customers had either assumed you weren't working...

or were reluctant to have anyone in their house due to their own circumstances..

I was moving a ceiling light for a customer last Monday, who told me her friend said she shouldn't phone any tradesman as it was illegal!!!!!   :C  

Definitely been an increase in enquiries over the past week-and-half, as more other businesses have been told to go back to work...

Especially this week...  yesterday & todays messages/calls/emails, seem to be back to the typical level I'd expect during normal working.

The noticeable inconvenience is a few longer delays on supply of some items..

so can't always get "next-day" delivery option.. may be 2 to 3 days instead.

I guess quite a few people assumed electricians etc.. were all part of the guidance to the construction industry to close down..

And only now construction has been told to resume work, do they think other trades are also back at work...

Almost every enquiry now starts with a phrase similar to:-

"Hello, If you are back at work now, I could do with having a thingamajig fitted/fixed"..

:coffee