The ongoing "racist" campaign continues.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The follow on from the disgraceful incident in the US  gathers momentum here ...............   yesterday I heard that some university in London was investigating  companies that have  connections with slavery  in their past ,    named were  RBS,  Barclays  & Lloyds banks .     Some sort of retribution was being demanded .

This morning I awake to hear a discussion  on banning the  rugby anthem  "  Swing Low Sweet Chariot "   because  of it's slavery connotations  .   

I thought we'd gone too far threatening the statues of Churchill  & Baden-Powell     ,   I think its escalating into madness now  with a certain section of the community pulling the strings. 

The country Really will not be recognisable as England in the coming years.  The PC brigade are just going too far, they want to abolish the history of this country. Which is madness in itself. In years to come the kids will know nothing of the true history of this land only the history that suits. Just wrong on all counts. I am getting really bored of this ‘knee’ 💩, I seem to remember it all started because the officer took the knee :C  how’s that for hypocrisy. It seems if you don’t agree with them then you are an outcast, take Dominic Raab, makes one comment of his own opinion and now he’s the devils child. 
what’s going on is something akin to a fictional story book. 
how about somebody speaks up for the truth and discusses their behaviour of today which can be changed as opposed to a history that can’t? 

Just look at the hornets nest that Laurence Fox has stirred up for stating what his views are.

i don’t know what some of these group’s are trying to achieve but I do know that trying to please everybody is impossible. Inevitably some groups will be unhappy.

The UK used to be a proud and dare I say welcoming country as long as people got used to the British way’s- but now it seems our identity is under threat by division and separation.

I'm sock of people being "offended on behalf of others"..Mainly on subjects that were never given a second thought previously.

yet another bandwagon ( expression possibly derive s from trucks driving around areas of New Orleans and musicians jumping onto the back of said truck ) to hitch a ride on

im beginning to get a bit grumpy about it all, possibly even terse

im beginning to get a bit grumpy about it all, possibly even terse
Blimey  theres a turnup .   ;)

I just had a further  thought  sitting on the  loo  , well two thoughts actually , one totally disconnected with this subject ...I digress.....     logic dictates that  if the  song should be banned for the rugby crowds  , because its subject matter is slavery ,  then should it not be banned everywhere,  all recordings  & sheet music destroyed   and never  heard of again  .     

Last edited by a moderator:
What did he just say  !!!!       Should we add all recordings of "Good Golly Miss Molly "     Oh no , thats OK as Little Richard was a black guy .   is that how its going to work ?  

What did he just say  !!!!       Should we add all recordings of "Good Golly Miss Molly "     Oh no , thats OK as Little Richard was a black guy .   is that how its going to work ?  
that’s exactly what they’re driving at, now if that doesn’t cause more separation then don’t know what does. 

or Coco pops

I despair
Yep

Ms Onnasanya.   ( the lawyer/MP who lied about who was driving her car speeding ) has written to Kellogg's to complain about Rice Kripies advertised by "3 white boys".  ( they are goblins called Snap Crackle and Pop you utter cretin ) and cocoa Pops advertised by a monkey

The follow on from the disgraceful incident in the US  gathers momentum here ...............  

Might have missed something here, to what disgraceful incident in the US do you refer

Or is it the George Floyd incident where a career criminal resisted arrest and unfortunately died while doing so. Really getting fed up of a section of society that thinks it is above the law just because of skin colour and any and every incident involving them is depicted as racism when a white person tries to apply the law

Might have missed something here, to what disgraceful incident in the US do you refer

Or is it the George Floyd incident where a career criminal resisted arrest and unfortunately died while doing so. Really getting fed up of a section of society that thinks it is above the law just because of skin colour and any and every incident involving them is depicted as racism when a white person tries to apply the law

exactly. its only because he was black. the police there have shot & killed many white people, and many times they have been innocent, but because they were not black, nothing happens

He didnt deserve to die they way he did, however he also shouldnt have been doing something to get himself arrested either

and how they want our statues removed becuse they are offended... after the first one in the water, id have made them get it back

In years to come the kids will know nothing of the true history of this land only the history that suits.
Just out of interest as I didn’t grow up in the UK, do they teach much about the slave trade? 

History is such an interesting thing, as it’s almost always from the perspective of ”the winner”. I mean, I learnt about the vikings being great explorers who sailed to faraway places. You learnt about them raiding, pillaging, raping bastards who stole both treasure and people. 

Just out of interest as I didn’t grow up in the UK, do they teach much about the slave trade? 

History is such an interesting thing, as it’s almost always from the perspective of ”the winner”. I mean, I learnt about the vikings being great explorers who sailed to faraway places. You learnt about them raiding, pillaging, raping bastards who stole both treasure and people. 

You can probably get away with saying that as you aren't British!