Deta connect

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iain @ C&J

Reaction score
Hi all 

just woneder if anyone has used deta connect dimmers , I have a few of them , and when using led tape with dimmable drivers it take 20+ presses to get them on 

I know the deta dimmer needs to be able to see the load before it engages and the Tuecer Led drivers are soft start , so I guess that’s why it take so many presses to start there driver

once working they are perfect and dim brillantly 

I have tried a danlers reload I parallel with the driver to add some load but has made no difference ? 

Iain @ C&J said:
Hi all 

just woneder if anyone has used deta connect dimmers , I have a few of them , and when using led tape with dimmable drivers it take 20+ presses to get them on 

I know the deta dimmer needs to be able to see the load before it engages and the Tuecer Led drivers are soft start , so I guess that’s why it take so many presses to start there driver

once working they are perfect and dim brilliantly 

I have tried a danlers resload  in parallel with the driver to add some load but has made no difference ? 

Welcome to the forum. I suggest contact the respective manufactures for their advice. As anything related to dimming LED's can open cans of worms when trying to establish what loads a particular dimmer is compatible with. The best guide wherever possible is to have the same make of dimmer and load. As when things do go pear shaped one manufacture can't blame the others piece of kit.  I think the two biggest pains in the rear within the industry today are; continual changes to BS7671 and Dimming LED's!

Doc H.    

Last edited by a moderator:
When wiring new houses and the customer chooses the light fittings, I now advise they go straight back out and buy a heap of spares and keep them safe, because WHEN they start to fail, it will be most unlikely they will be able to buy the same by then.

One house I did all the rooms had these large, very thin LED flat panel lights which was a case in point.

I think the two biggest pains in the rear within the industry today are; continual changes to BS7671 and Dimming LED's!

Doc H.    
when you say dimming LEDs do you mean them getting dimmer as they get older, as that seems to the case

as for BS 7671 ......it’s difficult to see how the IET can justify anymore changes in the 5 years ...... and as we are all going to be strapped for cash, not having the nonsense changes of BS 7671 fiested on us would be a welcome reprieve