Ongoing saga of carp goods costing costing you money.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I was working full time  & busy busy  we had a great deal of returns to the wholesaler .

Nothing changes except the ratio  of materials  returns to  work carried out .  

Classic case ,  I wired a  Niglon 32A   Comando style interlocked socket last week for new compressor ,    before screwing on front plate  I checked there were three phases  at 400V  , checked the N was N , read the loop impedance  ,   L1 to E  .   I even checked the jumpers from the  4 pole  switch to the  back of the socket  .

Like a fool I assumed the brand new socket  would work when a plug was inserted &  switched on  , packed up , went home . 

Compressor men there today , client phones , problem ,    compressor man says theres a phase missing , can't test machine .  

So its  yet another unpaid trip back ........   the 4pole switch doesn't switch L2  .  

Total cost to me to put right  ..about £70.

I ,ve lost count of the number of times I've had to go back to stuff that just doesn't work  .... packs up in a day ....... or doesn't work  from the start. 

Even had PVC conduit accessories that don't fit the conduit ....   accessories are from my van  so wholesaler is selling a different make of tube ...I need to  Kerch them on that .   

Yep I bought a direct on line starter for a commercial cooker extract system (to replace the old one that had failed)

I thought to try it on the bench. It would not turn on.  It would turn on if you physically closed the contactor but the start button was dead.  It was one of the aux contacts from the stop / overload that was faulty.  At least I saved the embarasement of installing it to then find it did not work.