Revision Question

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boltonsparky

Reaction score
Thought I'd ask on here. 

It's difficult (for me at least) to determine what they're actually asking. 

If they're asking max volt drop for a distribution circuit it would be 5%, 11.5V so answer a) 11.5V

But are they asking what the acceptable volt drop would be if you included the 5V they mention, so answer c) 6.5V  

In my mind if you tested for volt drop at the DB, the final circuit (after your test point) with the volt drop of 5V would already be included in the test result as it is coming off the DB so the answer would be 11.5V.

I've asked elsewhere and the general consensus is c) 6.5V but I'm not convinced and it has me baffled. 

I think they're tying to throw you off the scent with the 5v thing and are just asking what the max permitted volt drop for the circuit would be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too.. Very badly worded question though...

Do not forget they are taliing about verification of an EXISTING installation. If as they claim [presumably after some calculation] that the volt drop of the "worst" final circuit is 5 volts, then yes, the most you could drop up to the origin of that final circuit would be the balance of the permitted 11.5V, so the answer would be 6.5V

john..

Cheers fellas.

I did the test today and passed, officially have my 2391 now although the certificate won't turn up for a while yet.

I'm ready for a   Guinness tonight.