Anyone noticed whats missing from LED floods ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no another issue for save the planet to harp on about, bring back the inefficient halogen!! 

you part of SOP group Deke, only I couldn’t help but notice you’ve posted the same thread twice in case we missed it the first time?? 

I now fit them using a Wiska box and lever Wago's as having to change the darn thing for another sometime soon is a near certainty!

Also missing is the on-off-on routine for manual on, presumably because the drivers and/or LEDs burn out fairly quickly when run continuously  . . 

Oh no another issue for save the planet to harp on about, bring back the inefficient halogen!! 

you part of SOP group Deke, only I couldn’t help but notice you’ve posted the same thread twice in case we missed it the first time?? 
I'm getting forgetful  ....didn't know I posted it twice . 

Evans Electric said:
I'm getting forgetful  ....didn't know I posted it twice . 
I'm getting forgetful...didn't know I'd posted it twice. 

I now fit them using a Wiska box and lever Wago's as having to change the darn thing for another sometime soon is a near certainty!

I've always done that for LED floods with cables supplied - makes changing them later a far easier proposition AND if the client then wants to have a flood light and separate PIR thats easy to do too😀

I've always done that for LED floods with cables supplied - makes changing them later a far easier proposition AND if the client then wants to have a flood light and separate PIR thats easy to do too😀
I have become a fan of the little Wiska box.     About 4x1.5x1.5

also,I only use Wiska cable glands now as they will close up enough to form a blanking plug!

previously I was carrying about 3/4 sizes. Multiplied by black/white /grey ( or should I say 'glands of colour'?!) it makes quite a lot of van stock

The Wiska Box is a cracking bit of design TBH   .  Its robust , the boxes of colour don't fade in the UV , neat , clever seal over the 20mm   tapped holes , I generally use Denman's   stuffing glands of colour ,   box is IP  rated , and theres that 4/5 way  connector block that push fits in various positions .  

Other makes  =  grey box .  

Yep,  I now have a collection of the supplied Wiska terminal block in case I ever need the full uncensored grief of large cable-connecting in a small wall box on a ladder 😂😂