A new high .............

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Our hall is now 29.3 degrees C - with no windows facing the sun ............

The van showed 35.5 degrees this afternoon after driving for about 2 miles

Yuck😀

Thankfully no loft work this week

anyone still think climate change is a myth????
No, because where I'm sat now was once under a glacier.  Marton Mere, just up the road (a small lake), was I'm told caused by the last big chunk of ice depressing the soft ground when it broke off.

I do however think the subject vastly over-hyped and I have doubts about the ability  of mankind to influence it to any significant extent.

No, because where I'm sat now was once under a glacier.  Marton Mere, just up the road (a small lake), was I'm told caused by the last big chunk of ice depressing the soft ground when it broke off.

I do however think the subject vastly over-hyped and I have doubts about the ability  of mankind to influence it to any significant extent.
interesting theory? So man has the ability to fly out of the atmosphere, dive to the deepest oceans, change the natural habitat of the animal world yet we don’t impact the climate? Who else is impacting it then? 

anyone still think climate change is a myth????
climate change isn’t a myth but the world population growth is never mentioned

in 1927 the world population was about 2 billion

its now about 7.8 billion , so that’s nearly 4 x growth in 100 years

and growing by about 81 million per year

unless this is tackled as well things will never get any better

It is true to say that climate change will occur naturally but I bet if we turned off electric and gas supply the world would cool in no time and the effect of climate change would appear to slow yet it would only be returning to natural change speed. 

It is true to say that climate change will occur naturally but I bet if we turned off electric and gas supply the world would cool in no time and the effect of climate change would appear to slow yet it would only be returning to natural change speed. 

the world was effectively turned off for a few month - wonder how much the world cooled because of that short peroid of far less fuel being burnt etc

the world was effectively turned off for a few month - wonder how much the world cooled because of that short peroid of far less fuel being burnt etc
well it was well documented that air pollution was vastly reduced and air quality improved, I also noticed that the weather was far more settled :C  

Its the cows  ,  pharting  mate  ...so we're told  , nothing to do with man at all.!!!    It all their fault ...standing there ...munching all the grass  .... blowing it out of their asses ...obvious   ...the government said so. 
so that’s why they’re pushing us towards veganism to banish cows to history and save the planet! How did I miss that?? 

its now about 7.8 billion ,
Thats just Birmingham  Murdo  .

We talked about over population in the '60s  ........what did  the governments do ?    Launched a programme of importing more & more  people  from all over the world into one of the smallest counties in the world .   

so that’s why they’re pushing us towards veganism to banish cows to history and save the planet! How did I miss that?? 
Its a conspiracy   Sharpie ....forget Tree  Hugging  ...go hug a cow .  

Thats just Birmingham  Murdo  .

We talked about over population in the '60s  ........what did  the governments do ?    Launched a programme of importing more & more  people  from all over the world into one of the smallest counties in the world .   

Its a conspiracy   Sharpie ....forget Tree  Hugging  ...go hug a cow .  
so do we call it Save our Cows or Cows lives matter? 

so do you think the current issue is still just part of a natural cycle? 

climate change isn’t a myth but the world population growth is never mentioned

in 1927 the world population was about 2 billion

its now about 7.8 billion , so that’s nearly 4 x growth in 100 years

and growing by about 81 million per year

unless this is tackled as well things will never get any better
the elephant in the room, and a firkin big one it is too!  :lol:

Emancipation of women is apparaently the answer, women with careers have far less children and have those children later in life, plus educate their children to behave the same way.

I'm sure it has helped, but, the last thing I read reckoned it won't make that much difference overall. Oddley enough some of the big polluters like aircraft also help shield UV - all those vapour trails and pollution high in the sky helps keep the planet a bit cooler. I certainly reckon the UV has been stronger this year with the lack of air pollution.