The Electric Police are onto me .

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did a  Rental EICR   a few months  ago  ......   Electric Police have contacted the landlord , they are not happy with the cert .      

I have a couple of pads of EICRs  which have the previous Code definitions printed ,  so I  wrote in the new definitions  . 

Electric Police not happy .  

Oh of course they know all about the regs and requirements. Someone in the office has probably received a bullet point sheet from the manager and now feels empowered to challenge the professional! 

I just learned that they like  landlords to use THEIR    contractors   who according to the landlord are expensive  ,  while we are reasonable and they feel we can be trusted  .   Which is often a common  adjective  with us  n, I'm pleased to say .   

Didn't a PIR years ago in neighbouring town BUT a different council

They contacted NIC as they had never heard of me

quoted cert number and the dear old NIC said it was a stolen certificate from an AC in Newcastle

Tw@s had quoted the number and not the letters before it

i became, shall we say, terse

after a couple,of heated phone calls to both parties I received a written aplology from both

i then phoned them again and laid into them just for 💩s and giggles 

Did a  Rental EICR   a few months  ago  ......   Electric Police have contacted the landlord , they are not happy with the cert .      

I have a couple of pads of EICRs  which have the previous Code definitions printed ,  so I  wrote in the new definitions  . 

Electric Police not happy .  
I'd probably kick the report back too if someone sent me it on forms 8 years out of date.

I'd probably kick the report back too if someone sent me it on forms 8 years out of date.
Just bought the latest Kewtech  certs  .

Exactly the same style  , only difference I see is the new definition of the Codes   :C     NO mention of the 18th ed.        Another £30 quid they've lifted off me.   And the pages are already dropping out .  

And the omission of a test results page ,  you have to buy another book with those in .  (See my post in Testing thread)      

Last edited by a moderator: