Butchered

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boltonsparky

Reaction score
Found these in some old photos, thought some of you on here might appreciate. Must be bout 10 years ago. This was a new consumer unit that had been done by an NIC approved domestic installer. We were called by the customer to check it out as the customer was a bit suspect on the guys work. We didn't need to take the cover off to realise it was a lash up. Worst workmanship I've seen by a long way. Customer reported it to NIC, not sure what happened after that. 

Heres 'ow yer do it properly son .....don't worry abart green/yell sleeving   and always twist 'em togeva  ...it really annoys the guy who comes to test .  

Leave plenty of copper showing at terminals  so we  know we 'aint caught the insulation .  

They seem to have a strange attitude  with cases like this   ,  Bolt-on  says it was  an NIC member so its acceptable  to produce work like that .

However ,  lets say it was a NON - member , using their logo , who did it .   His feet would't touch the ground as he was propelled to court ....but it would be for illegal use of the logo  , not the state  of the work . 

However ,  lets say it was a NON - member , using their logo , who did it .   His feet would't touch the ground as he was propelled to court ....but it would be for illegal use of the logo  , not the state  of the work . 

Misuse of LOGO is much easier to prosecute than rough workmanship which is more opinion based than factual.

Agreed  Binky  but they could , say, issue a warning against unacceptable work ,  three strikes & yer out  perhaps. 

I've had it where one approved contractor had it suggested to them that they should consider changing their enrolment to the DI scheme instead.... I was also told that they like to keep people where they can keep an eye on them and influence them to improve