Compare van insurance

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cheapest this year is with existing company   @  £330.00      ( £290   last year ) 

17 yr old  Combi van  / fully comp / two drivers . 

Last edited by a moderator:
Mines about £300, 2006 berlingo van. 

Have a look at topcashback, saved me a fortune over the years, it's free, they have deals, get your insurance, energy, phone or whatever and after a few months they'll pay you a lump sum of money into your account, sounds too good to be true but it's legit. 

£330   about the average then   .    I have the missus as named driver because the agent said  ...strangely ...it is cheaper .  

Can't put my mate on it ,  he keeps triggering speed cameras. 

£330   about the average then   .    I have the missus as named driver because the agent said  ...strangely ...it is cheaper .  

Can't put my mate on it ,  he keeps triggering speed cameras. 
pour son had us on his Fiesta ST200 because we thought it would make his premium cheaper

this year, removing us saved him money! I only drove it once😦

I 've had some odd conversations with insurers when getting quotes . 

1)    "Well of course you'll be driving onto building sites "  ( No I won't mainly to avoid van being crushed by a JCB )  

2)     "Then theres all the stuff you'll be carrying in the back  "    ( So...you don't cover that anyway so why has that come up )  

3)      " Your occupation is taken into consideration in the cost "       (   Why !....  I'm insuring our private car here ...my occupation is with a van insured elsewhere.)   

4)       One company reduced the cost if I agreed to  a mileage limit of 100 miles from the centre of Brum  .     

pour son had us on his Fiesta ST200 because we thought it would make his premium cheaper

this year, removing us saved him money! I only drove it once😦
My lad took me off his insurance last year and saved £50

Changed companies this year and put me back on his insurance because it saved him £50

There just doesn't seem to be any logic when it comes to insurance

My lad took me off his insurance last year and saved £50

Changed companies this year and put me back on his insurance because it saved him £50

There just doesn't seem to be any logic when it comes to insurance
there doesn’t need to be, it’s the same as playing on the stock market, how much are you willing to pay for something that may not happen. ??

I'm peeved now  ,  my mate just phoned , renewed insurance for his Merc  Kompressor  saloon  @ £  250.00   fully comp.  courtesy car etc    with LV  .  

My Focus is £251  with LV     I should have tried them  .   

I've found little logic to insurance, especially vans. 

When I worked part time on maintenance I had a 2.5L Volvo estate, (downgraded from caravanning), with business use insurance.

The time came I swapped it for a 1.3L Fiesta diesel van for exactly the same use. I expected insurance to come down, but no it went up, plus the van insurance didn't allow me to drive another vehicle.

No sensible explanation was forthcoming, they just said "because it's a van".

I had some right nonsense with mt Classic Landrover insurance.  I had started keeping it in the garage, so at the last renewal, I thought it worth telling them.  But no it made no difference to the premium.  then when I got the paperwork I found a nasty clause, now it is normally kept in the garage, if I left it out one night and it got stolen, it would not be covered.  So I was paying the same, for less cover.

Needless to say at this years renewal I told them it is parked on the drive (let me guess it would now not be covered of stolen from the garage)?

I've found little logic to insurance, especially vans. 

When I worked part time on maintenance I had a 2.5L Volvo estate, (downgraded from caravanning), with business use insurance.

The time came I swapped it for a 1.3L Fiesta diesel van for exactly the same use. I expected insurance to come down, but no it went up, plus the van insurance didn't allow me to drive another vehicle.

No sensible explanation was forthcoming, they just said "because it's a van".
It’s probably because a van is more likely to be carrying tools so therefore more susceptible to being broke into. 

They always ask about  signwriting too .   Does it make any difference  ...the scrotes will break into anything . 
see now you used to be able to have a couple of magnetic signs made up that said window cleaning as no one is going to break into a van for a couple of rags and a bucket, but can’t even use that one now with all this filtration water systems they use these days!! 

Like a country creating a virus that financially  cripples the rest of the world   & they step  forward as  the world's manufacturing super nova  perhaps.  

Naw  ...that would only happen in films  ....like two highjacked airliners demolishing the twin tower in New York .   

Latest posts