Looking for work experience North East

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter C

Reaction score
Just finished 18th edition and passed moving onto inspection and testing . Need some work experience couple of days a week on domestic work.Not required to get paid just work experience to get myself back up to speed. Durham Newcastle area.

The only qualifications I have is time served electrician and the 18th edition with the inspection and testing to complete.

Ok so you have plenty of experience then. 
my initial advice would be that if you are struggling to find work then sign up to an agency and let them find you the work, it’s how most employers seem to advertise work these days, probably because it removes some of the responsibility from them in the early stages. 
Prove yourself and most employers will offer you something. 

Thanks for the advice after serving time many years ago I took a career change so experience is dated.Just looking through certificate also have part p.

Need to shadow an experienced electrician in order to get up to date courses only go so far.But thanks for replying.If you know of anyone who would be willing to take me on as an extra pair of hands without any pay let me know.