Tefal European Plug to UK

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedArrow

Reaction score
Hi,

Hoping one of you knowledgeable folks would be able to share some wisdom...

I've recently purchased a Tefal Snack Collection; this one: Tefal Product

However, when it was delivered it came with a European plug not a UK plug, no biggie... contacted amazon and they refunded £15 so I could purchase a Adapter for it.

Adapter arrived today, went to try and nothing. Dead as a doughnut, atleast that's what I thought.

Tried my Beard trimmer and it works fine.. The only difference I can see is that the Tefal Snack machine's European plug says it has a 16amp fuse in it, where as the Adapter I bought ( This adapter ) only has a 13amp.

Would this be the reason it's not powering it on or would it work fine and I've got myself a dead on arrrival product?

Any help is much appritiated.

Many thanks!

Regards,

RedArrow.

Yeah, that what i wanted to do. But doing that will void the products warranty. :(

I've checked the box of the Adapter, and it states it supports the following ratings:

250V~ 10A, 13A, 16AMax (2500W, 3250W 4000W)

120V~ 10A, 13A, 16AMax (1200W, 1560W, 1920W)

So does that mean, if just replaced the 13am fuse with a 16amp fuse all will be good?

Cheers again for your time!

The adapter should work.  So be a bit more forcefull and tell them the grill and the adapter they have supplied does not work. You want them both returned and one with a UK plug supplied.

Or a full refund and buy one from a UK supplier who will supply it with a UK plu on.

Okay will do.

Many thanks for your time and knowledge ProDave!

You're a star.

Regards,

RedArrow.

If it doesn't work there is something wrong with it. No reason it's the adaptor if you've checked that with some other appliance. 

The reference to 16 amps is the maximum capacity of a continental type plug. Those don't have individual fuses but rely on the house fuses/circuit breakers.

If it DID work OK, then I would change the plug for convenience, and risk having an argument in event of a warranty claim.  As is seems it doesn't I would return the lot for a refund.