HELP! Cheap professional Indemnity Insurance needed

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davidmichael

Reaction score
Hi I hope this is the correct forum to post this query but I am in need of very basic 250k Professional Indemnity Insurance to satisfy the requirements of my part p scheme membership.

The best quote I got so far was £370 can anyone recommend a broker that offers cheaper insurance PLEASE!

Who are you getting your Public Liability insurance from? I would have thought they could provide a combined package?

Doc H

might be doing EICR's?

yes - you're probably correct.

OP - how long have you had your PL insurance? - you may do better combining the 2 policies (mine cost about £181 last year) - but hasn't PI become a bit like car insurance - expensive for the first few years?

yes - you're probably correct.

OP - how long have you had your PL insurance? - you may do better combining the 2 policies (mine cost about £181 last year) - but hasn't PI become a bit like car insurance - expensive for the first few years?
Hi Murdoch I have a separate PL and if combined Trademansaver offer only 50k for Pi. This is my second year with Napit. Thanks

Interesting, I thought that PL was mandatory for CPS, not PI
Prof Indemnity appears to be mandatory.....

whoever does your PLI should be able to do the PII
Yes but to a max of 50k for the PI

This £370 dies it include your PL as well? 
which CPS scam are you with? 
No it doesnt

Have a look at Axa, recently had a quote from them for £2m PL and £1m Prof. indemnity for £151 with a 10% online discount, hang around on the quote page for a while and then go to the back/close buttons and a pop up for a further 20% off (so 30% in total) will come up. 

Rhino trade insurance wanted around £200 for £2m PI and £250K prof. indemnity. There's a 10% code with them, think it's bundy10.

might be doing EICR's?
Yes EICR's

Have a look at Axa, recently had a quote from them for £2m PL and £1m Prof. indemnity for £151 with a 10% online discount, hang around on the quote page for a while and then go to the back/close buttons and a pop up for a further 20% off (so 30% in total) will come up. 

Rhino trade insurance wanted around £200 for £2m PI and £250K prof. indemnity. There's a 10% code with them, think it's bundy10.
Thank you for the advice I will give it a shot.

Yes EICR's

Thank you for the advice I will give it a shot.
Thanks got it for £165 with liability and without the additional 20% offer as wasn't sure how to "hang around" but only saved quote so perhaps if I sit on it for a few days they will come back to me with a discount. Nice one!

THanks got it from AXA for £165

Status
Not open for further replies.