What new hell is this ????

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The January 2020 edition  of the industry  Electrotechnical Assessment  Specification  (EAS) comes into effect on 1 Sept .     :C

It sets out the minimum requirements  for an enterprise  to be recognised by a registration body such as NICEIC  or ELECSA  .  

"New applicants will be required to  meet the new requirements , as well as working on a programme to support & enhance the assessment  of current registrants against a framework of technical excellence & competence ."

Easy for them to say.  

The January 2020 edition  of the industry  Electrotechnical Assessment  Specification  (EAS) comes into effect on 1 Sept .     :C

It sets out the minimum requirements  for an enterprise  to be recognised by a registration body such as NICEIC  or ELECSA  .  

"New applicants will be required to  meet the new requirements , as well as working on a programme to support & enhance the assessment  of current registrants against a framework of technical excellence & competence ."

Easy for them to say.  

that’s hurt my brain just reading it

wonder what the Plain English Society would make of it?

I left a bit out ....perhaps this will explain all .

" The changes to the EAS  place greater focus on the enterprise's requirements for ensuring employee  competence when undertaking electrotechnical work, as well as requiring continuous professional development as part of the scheme requirements ,among other enhancements outlined in the revised specification ."      :(

I left a bit out ....perhaps this will explain all .

" The changes to the EAS  place greater focus on the enterprise's requirements for ensuring employee  competence when undertaking electrotechnical work, as well as requiring continuous professional development as part of the scheme requirements ,among other enhancements outlined in the revised specification ."      :(
that’s nonsense.

Why can’t people write in simple English anymore?

Well that’s going to be comical 😂😂 

they want companies to ensure that the employees are properly qualified. 

that is a back door admission that the past 10 years of 5ww courses have not improved the quality of sparks!! 

Oh c’mon Deke, I’m sure you’ve had your fair share of qualifications over the years to make you not need to worry about this one. 
It probably doesn't affect me TBH   ...I think its aimed at new  "Registants"  .

i'm just sick & tired of  hearing about ever more organizations / schemes  taking up some sort of policing role .   All I remember from the  "Good old Days "   the NICEIC  protecting the customers ...  ECA  looking after the contractor    and the ETU   looking after the rank & file workers    (  Unless you were in contracting  , then they were not interested )    . Then   the JIB arose who set hourly rates for contractors  in three year agreements  & developed the grading scheme  &  a pension scheme .  

Most of these things we read about in trade magazines etc  will probably be costing you money .   

And as I've always said ,  why is it you can be a builder without even a basic knowledge of Building Regs say .  

Good point !     Theres a lot to know about  building work  ................I'd say the knowledge base within that trade  is  far below what it is in ours .

There  are some good guys about but I think they are outnumbered by the chancers.  

No doubt once it's been translated and interpreted to allow for maximum financial extraction and fed down to those at the coal face it'll be another cost to stump up for very little benefit and just another very expensive box to tick. 

Latest posts