Well, this had me going for a while

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Home for the terminally bewildered, one step ahead
just bought myself a new 18V DeWalt multitool on Wednesday. Works a treat, far superior to the crappy little 12v toy I had. Anyway today the blade looked a bit weird, not seated right, wobbly...summit not right. 

Didn't do it all the time, only when working up on the mezzanine where I am fitting the lighting trunking, and it is a bit dark, so Anyway On my little project I am having to use a head torch most of the time...LED Lenser b brilliant ( literally ) bit of kit

yep...it's the strobe effect from the head torch!

ive seen it with flus over lathes and milling machines, never thought I would see it on my head torch!

hey ho, everyday and all that

Now thats got me  because I thought LEDs were  DC  current  so no strobing .         I just imagined that was so  ....obviously  Kerch & Andy have seen it first hand .   

Does it have variable brightness?  It probably uses variable pulse width to control it.  A basic led chip is a constant emitter but can be switched on and off very fast. 

Now thats got me  because I thought LEDs were  DC  current  so no strobing .         I just imagined that was so  ....obviously  Kerch & Andy have seen it first hand .   
some are worse than others.

try drilling a hole above you and watch the dust fall down - looks weird depending on how fast its flashing