Which Countries use sleeving?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curious Sparky

Reaction score
Hi all, I was just curious does anyone know how many countries around the world use sleeving? Wether it be any colour, just sleeving in general. Any idea which countries too?

If anyone knows that answer I’d be truly grateful to know. Thanks.

Thanks for the replies. I’ve even tried to find out on google but it’s unclear. I read somewhere that Australia and New Zealand have very similar cables to ourselves and I also read that North America have cables with a bare copper core that they refer to as ‘ground’ but there’s no mention of sleeving.

Thanks for the replies. I’ve even tried to find out on google but it’s unclear. I read somewhere that Australia and New Zealand have very similar cables to ourselves and I also read that North America have cables with a bare copper core that they refer to as ‘ground’ but there’s no mention of sleeving.
they refer to live as 'hot' and tend to use steel conduit for earth (not even sure they use an earth). 

In NZ and Aus, the twin and earth (TPS as they call it) contains 3 insulated cores all of the same size. No need for sleeving, although if they used switchwires the same way as we did they would need to identify the switched live return for example. They don't generally use this method instead they run the feeds around the switches and take a switched live to each fitting.

A distributor of electrical goods informed me that they sell earth sleeving and sleeving in general to many different countries. They didn’t want to specify which countries though 🙄