You think you've seen it all and then .........

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doing a small job for a neighbour I notice a PVC box fitted above the fuseboard cupboard in the hall .       He says he'd like it gone  ..can I remove it .  

It was a typical case of not having all the info  ...I take the front off , theres a couple of relays  with the up & down lighting diverted into them .   

A transformer & some alarm cable shooting off somewhere.   

I'm looking at this thing thinking what the hell is it !!    Why would you want it !!        Then  the neighbour comes out with  ..." Oh I should mention  that  all the lights flicker when the doorbell is pressed .   I get him to press it ,  the relays "tremble"  and the lights flicker  .     :C

Turns out the previous owner was stone deaf ....flickering lights told him someone at the door .    

Yep, you are right, I have never seen anything like that.

A good bit of lateral thinking though.

not as rare as you think. used to be more common. switch on all the lights at their switch during the day and put it into day mode. soon as door bell pressed the lights come on for a second. at nigh switch it to night mode and turn on whatever lights you want. when doorbell pressed the lights go off for a second

how did you get in my garage?

You probably left the key under the mat like last time...   :innocent

That's how we normally get in so we can nick bits of cable...  :slap

or if we have run out of Wago's...  :C

Just wish you'd keep things in the same place and stop moving stuff around...   :pmsl1:

Deke spent nearly half an hour trying to find where you'd put the 16mm earth wire last week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROTFWL   

:coat