Industrial EICR's

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skinny

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've just scored a permanent job doing primarily commercial/industrial EICR's and remedial work.  I've done plenty of domestic EICR's before.  Is there much more to industrial ones, or is it just the same on a larger scale?  Anyone have any good links specifically for industrial inspection for me to study up on?

Thanks

Jon

The principles are the same it’s the approach that’s more complex. You really need to have an understanding of how the industrial/commercial unit functions, what is critical what isn’t etc etc. Also an understanding of the larger industrial panels would be helpful, so if you haven’t done so before can be a little daunting, hope you have a good tech guy in this new job you can call upon. 
of course there is also the approach of what it is the new company expects in the EICR, in the same way that in domestic you get a drive through and long version. 

Sampling as well, both how much initially and then the upping of the sample rate based on findings but this may be decided for you by the company you work for. A lot do 100% on domestic, you don't want to be doing 100% on industrial, unless necessary.