Compact RCBO's in this?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it has the tab tye busbar then yes, but if it has the bar with the U shaped slots (very likely), then no, unless you change the busbar

I just use to call the one they call the balcony (dont understand name) busbar as "Busbar with U shaped slots" and the cage connection one (The name actually makes some sense...) as "Busbar with prongs"

For many years Wylex split load, dual RCD and High integrity boards had "busbar with prongs", but up until 2018 the Main switch, and RCD incommer ones had "Busbar with U shaped slots", but now they have "Busbar with prongs" like the rest , and the part number of the board has a L on the end. The newer NHXL MCBs and the NHXS1 Mini rcbos (note the L or 1 on end) do not have the required slot around the terminal screw for the U shaped bar (They have instead, extended the DIN rail realease clamp to the front) the toggle is now grey rather than black

Guess how I know... might have involved when the mini rcbos first came out, orderuing a board and a load of RCBOs together, but and ending up with an older board with incompatable busbar....

The "Busbar with U shaped slot" always seemed a much more positive connection to me...